User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: -- were you ever sent to the principal's or headmaster's office & why?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile -- were you ever sent to the principal's or headmaster's office & why?

-- yep.., my senior year in high school:

my fellow six graduating members of our football team skipped school to go to state fair at naptown fairgrounds..
    supposed to be the best stripper at a carney side show.. we never even laid eyes on any bare breast..
    wrote a fake note from mother's to jim slaighter.., our principal..
    we all got the board over the pa system ---- our letter sweaters/jackets/senior letter blankets and egos --- in the sand..
    & jimmy said..,"i've know you men for the past 4+ years.., if you had confided in me --- we could have all gone and seen real bare breast + more.."

a real education with a smile..,

ronnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: -- were you ever sent to the principal's or headmaster's office & why?

Wow. I've never seen a thread shut up this crowd for this long before.
    Lane DeCamp

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: -- were you ever sent to the principal's or headmaster's office & why?

I spent most of 8th 9th and part of 10th grade in the Principals office prior to being sent to the mental ward for two years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got suspended once. I still maintain my innocence.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently I still hold the record for the Naval college as the cadet who endured the most disciplinary action without being discharged. Also the only dux of the college to be put on Captain's warning for studies, never quite worked that one out.
    Mark Kelly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My senior year at a Jesuit high school... never a troublemaker, never had a detention, generally quiet and kept out of sight. I was reading in an empty/unused classroom - technically not allowed, but nobody ever really cared unless you were up to no good. Literally a week away from graduation (we graduated early since we took our last semester off for community service). Brother Moran, the school "vice president" (read: disciplinarian) walks by and notices me in the class:

"Who are you?"
    I give him my name.
    "Ever been jugged before?" ("Jug" is this school's term for detention, nobody alive can even trace the etymology of it anymore).
    "No."
    He opens a notebook, peers in... and his eyes widen a little...
    "You're not Catholic?"
    "No, Brother Moran, I'm not."
    "Well... what are you?
    "Unitarian... I think?"

And that is how I ended up cutting a patch of football field with scissors. In the snow. In a not-so-great section of Dorchester.

It was a different time.

And - this is the truth - what was I reading in the classroom? Winning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many times...but the most memorable was probably the time when, after our final performance of the senior play, I gave a congratulatory kiss to the director, who was a faculty member. She appeared slightly shocked, but gave no indication that there was anything improper about it...ten minutes later the Assistant Principal grabbed me and dragged be to his office for a lengthy lecture on "respect" or some such crap.

Turned out he was dating the director/faculty member!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snowstorm. Huge pile of snow in parking lot, right next to buddies car. I skip out on lunch, shovel pile onto buddies car. Completely buried - can't even tell its there. I get ratted out. Called down to principals office - you did what? He's shaking head and holding back laughter, I'm told to go dig out the car, and for punishment must come to his office after school for however long it took to dig out.
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More than I can remember. 4th grade, Sister Damien said I was "bold as brass" and couldn't sit still. Sent to Sister Prudentia who wasn't in the office. Couldn't stand waiting with no one in the office so I snuck out the back door and used my lunch money for a peppermint stick ice cream at Brigham's. Walked the mile home. Mom apparently was called, slid up next to me driving in the direction I was walking, slid down the passenger window and said get in the car.

I didn't go back to that school...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me count the ways....

I guess my three favorite were in highschool....

1) In New Testament Class: for claiming the feeding of the 5000 was not a miracle but a great act of sharing.
    2) In Speech Class: for giving a persausive speech entitled "why you should be communist"
    3) In a hotel room: after the cross country coach stripped search me and claimed I broke into his car which was a total lie.

Needless to say Bishop Lynch Highschool does not get one dime of my money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only once, during my freshman year. My dad and I both have very low voices that sound a lot alike (so much so that most of his friends couldn't tell us apart on the phone), and my sister was a senior and was studying for an AP test (I think) and so asked me to call her in sick. Turns out that the person manning the phone had gone to school with my dad and could tell us apart despite having never heard my voice before. The joys of living in a small town.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In jr high, during science class... Office aide (a fellow student) comes into the class, whispers something to the teacher, then leaves. Teacher walks over to my desk and tells me quietly I need to report to the principal's office right away. I'm wondering what the heck I did. Seriously, I had done NOTHING to warrant the walk.

I get to the office, and the principal isn't there. But one of my classmates IS there. I sit in a chair, waiting for Mr Turk to return. We're looking at each other. I ask, "Any idea why we're here?" "Nope."

A few nervous minutes later, and he walks, sits down without saying anything. He turns to us... "So, you guys are fit and good size, why aren't you turning out for the football team?"

The silence that followed was priceless. I was between having a hallelujah breakdown and laughing. We looked at each other again, and I could read the look -- did he really just ask us that?

We both gave pretty much the same answer, that we really didn't like football, and were looking forward to the basketball season.

Went back to class, and everyone thought I'd done something REALLY bad... I guess I could have played that up for some drama.
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ron l edmiston View Post
    -- yep.., my senior year in high school:

my fellow six graduating members of our football team skipped school to go to state fair at naptown fairgrounds..
    supposed to be the best stripper at a carney side show.. we never even laid eyes on any bare breast..
    wrote a fake note from mother's to jim slaighter.., our principal..
    we all got the board over the pa system ---- our letter sweaters/jackets/senior letter blankets and egos --- in the sand..
    & jimmy said..,"i've know you men for the past 4+ years.., if you had confided in me --- we could have all gone and seen real bare breast + more.."

a real education with a smile..,

ronnie
    In the 7th Grade a couple of my friends and I were told to report to the principal's office. No reason given. When we got there he wasn't in. So his assistant made us stand in the hall with our nose against the wall until he got there. As this was between classes, all my fellow students saw me like that. Among the best performing students at our school, none of us had ever been in any sort of trouble over the past seven damn years.

When the principal finally arrived it turned out he wanted to see us as we were in the rocketry club. Estes Rockets had just come out with a camera attachment and he thought it would be cool to get a picture of the school from above.

He may have apologized for his assistant assuming my friends and I were miscreants, but the damage was done. I still hate his assistant to this day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In junior high I thought it would be a great idea to date the Principal's daughter. This was not one of my better ideas as it marked me as someone the teachers watched and sent to the office often. I was lucky my dad transferred to another post before things got too out of hand.

I was Senior class president (don't ask) and was told to get a haircut before I would be allowed to represent the school at outside functions. This was Ft. Knox High in 1967. My tenure was short lived.

Mike
    Mike Noble

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Way too many times to count…but I was never suspended.

No “zero tolerence” policies back in the day. Principals could make the call.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corso View Post
    Way too many times to count…but I was never suspended.

No “zero tolerence” policies back in the day. Principals could make the call.
    Zero tolerance policies don't prevent principals or teachers from making the call, they still do, they just decide to report it or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once for smoking cigarettes as we cut across the courtyard (in any weather) between periods, the day he happened to be standing by the window watching us.

Once for smoking dope. Different school. The chick who sold it ratted us out but she was expelled anyway.

Once for not complying with the haircut rule. Twice for for not complying with the dress code.

Honorable mention for having to move my desk out into the hall in 3rd grade.

Biggest surprise was the history class I cut for a month because I was terrified about a paper I just couldn't write. One day I couldn't stand it any more, showed up in class, the teacher asked, I said this and that, he said just turn it in next week.

There were more, but you get the idea. Apparently it ran in the family, my dad claimed a professor once asked how much he'd charge to haunt a house; he replied "How many rooms?"
    Evan Marks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corso View Post
    …but I was never suspended.
    I was suspended (at least once) in junior high school...I think it was 7th grade.

Every day at lunch me and my friends sat at the exact same table, in a remote corner of the cafeteria next to a radiator. And every day that year instead of returning my silverware to the dishwasher, I would stuff my fork into the slots on top of that radiator. Nobody -- except my friends -- ever noticed.

One day I was out sick from school. Apparently one of my lunch buddies Mike got the brilliant idea "Hey, Bob's out sick, someone else needs to stuff a fork into the radiator!" So he did

...and was instantly caught by the lunchroom monitor. Got his ear chewed off for doing something as stupid as shoving a fork into a radiator. He might have gone to the principal's office, or perhaps even gotten detention for this defiant act. And then of course they had to call the janitor over to remove the radiator cover so that they could retrieve the fork that Mike had shoved in there.

147 forks fell out when the cover was removed.

From all accounts the janitor was rendered speechless, and it took several hours before anyone had the presence of mind to ask Mike how those 147 forks got in there.

Mike didn't hesitate for a nanosecond: "I only put one in there, Bob Ross put all the rest in!"

So upon my return to school after convalescing, I was instantly suspended for an entire week, for the crime of shoving 147 forks into a lunchroom radiator.

=========================================

Ask me about getting kicked out of college... :::dancing banana:::

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

During 2-6th grade, I was always getting sent to the principal’s office, usually for arguing with teachers, especially about science and history. I was right about 50% of the time, but that only encouraged me. I got all A’s, so I don’t think my teachers really cared, they just needed a break from my “intensity” as one teacher said to my mom. Nowadays I would have gotten shot full of morphine or whatever it is they give kids like me now. Then in 7th, my dad got a research grant and we moved to Wisconsin for a year. Coincidentally, 7th grade is when adolescents lock in all their social connections, so when I got back afterwards, I was in no-man’s land. Junior high I got in a fight once a year. Stupid because I was 6’ and weighed 120lbs, and the principal told me so after the third time while the nurse was stuffing cotton in my nose. After that, I wrote off everyone in high school as complete idiots, which somehow made me mildly popular, and I graduated second in my class. That was the last time I went to the principal’s office. I had refused to have a senior photo taken, so he came into physics and dragged me out of class, took me to his office and shot a photo with an SX70 instant camera. That went in the yearbook.

So basically I was a good student but a real pita.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mnoble485 View Post
    In junior high I thought it would be a great idea to date the Principal's daughter.
    I salute your youthful boldness!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast