Thread: We're having a kid!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: We're having a kid!

Way to go Dustin!

Time is flying, I can't believe my daughters are already 6 and 9.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sk_tle View Post
    "...Time is flying, I can't believe my daughters are already 6 and 9..."
    So true! Each time one views the calendar another decade has zoomed past. Keep pedaling.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dgaddis View Post
    Looking forward to getting her a balance bike once her legs are a bit longer.
    Looks like you are having a great time. 2-3 is a fun age. I bought a Strider balance bike when ours was about that age. We certainty are not TooTall in this household so she might be ready. I'll also point out that it could be a slow progression to even caring about the seat. For us at first it was helmet on, hands on handlebars, and walking around. It didn't even matter that the thing had a seat. Then he evolved to walking with the seat in the right place but with not even one consideration of sitting down. Be patient. When starting this young it will go slow. Have fun with it and trust they will figure it out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generally speaking watching Nora grow has been great, and I love watching her mature and grow up, I've never really been sad when she left one stage/phase and moved into the next one. But, the other night I realized we're already 1/4 of the way to when she'll be ready to move out. That genuinely bummed me out a bit. She'll be five in a few months, and she's a complete joy right now. We're through the terrible two's, she's finally potty trained enough to trust her about it (LOL), she's learning her letters, her vocabulary and speech skills are really good, and she's just a sweetheart. The past two mornings she's made cards for her teachers before school. This morning she said “No one else makes cards for Ms Tabitha and Ms Krystal, but I do. I drew a love heart because I love them.”

This Christmas season has been a blast so far, she came to the company Christmas party and had a ball, we went to Disney on ice, saw Santa, and did a Polar Express train ride.

The first few weeks after we brought her home from the hospital was rough on us. Someone gave us a piece of advice that stuck and gets truer every day - the days are long but the years are short. They are indeed.

Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The part of kids that terrifies me is that at some point in their lives they will probably put more weight into what someone their own age says than what their parents say. I'd just hope that somewhere along the line the kid would have absorbed "call home anytime anywhere" and we'd recognize the importance of the moment and do the right thing.

The bravery of my sister and her husband - 3 daughters - astounds me. Two are doing great things, one is struggling to find herself a bit, but all three are great people and will do fine in the future.

Good job to you and your wife Dustin. I am sure we all enjoy the updates. She's a peach.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's fun poking back into this thread. This weekend she turns six, her party was this past weekend, it was a tea party...uh, party. She's a hoot. She also NEVER stops making noise, this kid runs full throttle all the time.

Last edited by dgaddis; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:19 PM.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345