Thread: We're having a kid!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: We're having a kid!

Perfect! Very good looking young lady.

1 and 3, those were the hard ones. One because you've never done this before, three because you're out numbered and you revert to zone defense. But it is all good, all worth it, and goes oh so fast. Congratulations to you both!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations to you both!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats, Dustin!!! The best part of your life just started. Enjoy it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats!
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Life hits a new level now.
    Congratulations! Beautiful baby!

And if you’re not a fan of coffee, it’s time to start!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hearty congratulations! I found there is nothing like Dad/ Daughter relationship. You will be under Nora’s thumb in no time if you aren’t already. Enjoy!
    « If I knew what I was doing, I’d be doing it right now »

-Jon Mandel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well we've all made it two weeks so far. Some days are easy as pie, others...not so much haha. Tues and Thurs night this week she slept like a champ and I got a good 7+ hours of sleep each night. Weds night I got, maybe, 3 hours. I'm a patient guy, but dealing with a fussy baby all night long is making me work on being even more patient. Babies are sweet and cute and fun to snuggle...but they're terrible room mates haha.

Went to a photographer yesterday for pics...she posted this one on her FB page last night, can't wait to see the rest! I still can't believe I had a part in creating something this beautiful. She looks a lot like her momma, red hair, dimples. She's got my green eyes and long lanky feet.

Last edited by dgaddis; 04-13-2018 at 07:09 AM.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Absolutely wonderful. Congratulations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cute ee.

Amazing what biology does. Everything about a baby is geared towards making you feed it and take care of it - smells, cries, wiggles, even the cuteness factor. Men no more immune than women.

Friend and his wife had a baby. After several weeks, he said "Oh yeah I am totally changing diapers. Really easy. My kid's poop doesn't even smell that bad. Funny cause every other baby I've been around - super stinky! Couldn't even get close to them!"

Dude your baby stinks. It is just your baby, that's all.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats!!!

Fantastic photo - the pose, the coloring, the dimples, the smile!!

Quote Originally Posted by dgaddis View Post

Went to a photographer yesterday for pics...she posted this one on her FB page last night, can't wait to see the rest! I still can't believe I had a part in creating something this beautiful. She looks a lot like her momma, red hair, dimples. She's got my green eyes and long lanky feet.

Brian McLaughlin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This little chunk starts daycare next week when her momma goes back to work. Momma is super stressed about it, but I think (and hope) it'll be good for momma to get back to a more normal routine and out of the house, she's going stir crazy.

She grows and changes every day, it's wild to watch. In the ~two weeks or so she's really started looking at things, not just looking around. In the the last week she really started smiling at us, and looking people in the eyes, not just at them. The last few days she's started trying to talk, making cute noises and squeals, more and more every day. And she's finally learned to somewhat control her hands, so she doesn't have to wear the mittens any more for fear of scratching her eye out.

Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's got those dimples working, doesn't she?
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My baby girl and I did the college tour thing this spring. And she's driving herself to bike rides and parties and such. And now she's gotten into the USCGA AIM summer camp. Just yesterday it seems we were marvelling at her red hair and gap-toothed smile. Damn! It goes so fast! Enjoy it all - none of it lasts long enough...
    Bob Spooner
    Departing from
    East Hampton, CT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember that first day of daycare. I was standing on the subway platform, on my way to work, and had the thought, "She is not with either her father or her mother..." Then I felt vaguely nauseous and disoriented for a moment. Three years later when she started preschool it was like she was leaving her second family. So daycare worked out OK.

My baby girl & her boyfriend returned to Boston from DC last month, and will soon be moving into an apartment a stone's throw from that preschool. And a couple stones' throws from her mother and her father.

Life is pretty good.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope you have a daycare experience like we do for our two kiddos. The center we send our kids to is really great - lots of learning opportunities, and fun stuff for kids to be kids. Best of luck with the transition. We find that we're better parents when we get time to "rest" from parenting while we're at work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did the first day of daycare last week.... but ours is a backup care for us and our daughter is 2.5years now. she just took off to play with the toys and wanted to show them to me when I told her I had to go.

and yeah, the feels. so many mixed emotions leaving your kid with a stranger even though that's what you signed up for. you'll be watching the clock that day.
    Matt Moore

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*blink*

6-months have gone by since this little lady joined the team. She's awesome. She's a happy and chunky girl, she's nearly doubled her birth weight, has had three colds so far (mamma and I have caught two of them...), loves going crazy in her jump-a-roo, gets better and better with her hands every day, loves the baby doll my grandpa gave her, and she eats everything we put in front of her so far. Apples, pears, carrots, peas, zucchini, and butternut squash so far. She drools continuously, has two teeth coming in, and generally sleeps pretty well at night. She's a joy, life is way better with her in it.

She's got my eyes, but she gets her cuteness from her mama for sure. They're like twins.

Yay pears!

*gag* too much spoon!

Early morning weekend snuggles. She (usually) gets up between 5:30am-6am. She doesn't know anything about weekends or holidays....

I love how much she loves her mama, and how she looks at her. She's in this phase right now where she's touching everyone's face.

She's always excited when I show up to pick her up from daycare. Makes my day every time!
    Last edited by dgaddis; 10-01-2018 at 03:06 PM.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She'll be ONE on Saturday. Best. Year. Ever.

She's a sweet happy bubbly girl. She loves to play, she's getting into EVERYTHING, she's soooooooo close to walking, and she recently started throwing overly dramatic temper tantrums. The last two weeks have been a bit rough as she's cutting like 7 teeth at once and she had a stomach bug on top of all that. But generally, she's a happy girl who only fusses and gets mad when she's tired and wants to go to bed.

Last edited by dgaddis; 03-27-2019 at 07:37 AM.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bumping this back up. Little lady turned 2yrs old today. She's 28lbs of sweetness and fun. She loves Sesame Street, Peppa Pig, and dinosaurs (we watched Land Before Time for the first time last week!). She's climbing everything in sight, and her language skills and vocabulary are growing daily. Today she sat in my lap and watched me do a race on Grand Turismo on PS4, and she learned 'later alligator'. Our absolute favorite new phrase however is 'love you!' She can count to three, and knows the ABC song really well (can't pronounce it all, but she can "sing" most of it by herself), she sings CONSTANTLY, but still doesn't understand colors haha. She loves her sleep, is pretty much always happy, and she's a joy, a total blast. Looking forward to getting her a balance bike once her legs are a bit longer.

We're into week 3 of the COVID-19 ordeal. Daycare is closed, and if even if it weren't we'd still be keeping her out right now. My wife is an NP and works Mon-Thurs, so those days I stay home for daddy daycare and go into work in the evenings and work 8-midnightish, and a full day on Friday. It's a pain in the ass for sure, but I'm thankful to have a flexible job and plenty of PTO saved up, and I am enjoying all the extra time with my girl. Today we went for rides in her new little tykes car, ate some birthday cake, built a fort, played some music, and did some coloring and played with playdoh, which, FYI, still smells exactly the same as it did 30 years ago.

Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Re: We're having a kid!

Good for you, @dgaddis. Awesome follow-on update. Congratulations!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast