Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heat Fatigue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Heat Fatigue

I have just created the answers to these issues. If I start a GoFindMe page, will you contribute?
    Get in soon. Its ganna' be HUGE.

Don't worry about the frontal area, it is easily offset by the gains made by the cooling affect. I will have experts run tests and publish studies.

Untitled-1 by Brian McLaughlin, on Flickr
    Brian McLaughlin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could try getting a haircut. Nothing like a buzz cut for the true stage racer look...

I used to tolerate heat. Worked evenings in a sweltering factory, 110 degrees on the floor and about 130 on the catwalks. Trained during the day. In the hottest races I slayed! Now i sit in a cube with AC, and I'm really not able to handle the heat. Last summer I resorted to doing my short intervals on downhills in the 53x11. Long efforts I just can't produce in the heat of the day anymore. If I start to feel my pulse pounding in the back of my neck, I know it's over. Been very tempted to ditch the helmet lately. It makes a huge difference. But I won't. Too much risk where I ride.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that available in Black?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We keep our house at 79F. I try to minimize my time in chilly indoor area's. It helps.

I probably should stop drinking beer the day before hard long hot rides.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bewheels View Post
    I have just created the answers to these issues. If I start a GoFindMe page, will you contribute?
    Get in soon. Its ganna' be HUGE.

Don't worry about the frontal area, it is easily offset by the gains made by the cooling affect. I will have experts run tests and publish studies.

Untitled-1 by Brian McLaughlin, on Flickr
    Jeez. Get with the times. Sky already has one integrated into the 168 mm diameter head tube for next year. A couple small coolant tubes run right to a vest on your chest. The motor in the seat tube also provides the power to the cooling system. (Ooops, did I actually say that????)
    Lane DeCamp

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wah wah

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was in my early 20's I would regularly get chills and goosebumps on hot summer rides, and sometimes when my brother and I would race up our favorite 1000 foot climb I'd get to the top feeling nauseous too. He always fared much better in the heat than I. Sometimes I do well though, like yesterday, a friend and I rode 40 miles on a 90 degree day and the heat made my legs feel warm and supple and there was something invigorating about it. I always empty lots of water on my head and body, but I still get a headache sometimes. I always wondered how dangerous having chills was?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12