Likes Likes:  0

Thread: AeroPress 101

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default AeroPress 101

Somebody at the Salon posted that they used to use their Bialetti moka pot daily until discovering AeroPress.

I'm a daily Bialetti guy because it couldn't be easier to make a good tasting cup of coffee.

Before that I was French press and also dabbed with pour over single cup but didn't stay with it because purchasing beans in Barcelona is a little bit of a pita to go out and hunt good beans with kids etc. I just started trucking along with the Bialetti happy with a cup of coffee 95% good.

My moka's plastic arm went MIA recently and I'm pouring with a pot holder which sucks.

So break it down for me Bialetti vs AeroPress - ease of use, taste, pros, cons, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: AeroPress 101

I've used the aeropress for a few years before moving to a dedicated espresso machine. Still use the aeropress when traveling.

I like it. Good cup of coffee from it. Easy to use, easy to clean, easy to store.

I use opposite of what they reccommned on the site. I place the filter in the cap and set it asiide. I install the plunger just into the cylinder then set on the counter cylinder up. Place grind in cylinder, add hot water, stir with the paddle for a few seconds, then let sit for about 30 seconds. Screw on cap and filter, flip over and place on cup. SLOWLY push plunger down and coffee through the filter. Thats it.

It's not espresso by any means, but it does give you a really good cup of coffee. Better the beans, the better the cup.

I would buy another when this one wears out. Some ground coffee in a zip lock and the aeropress cant be beat when traveling, camping etc.