Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Green Coffee Bean Sources

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Green Coffee Bean Sources

I've been following the Green Coffee Buying Club with some interest. This is their latest offering. Interesting?

Coffee: Organic Colombia Tolima ASOCANAFI

Broker's notes: "Notes of tangerine, mild cherry and honey - roasted at medium"

Cupping notes are here: Login

GCBC Base Price: $3.58 / lb.

Average of all cuppings: 88.75

Final Thoughts: This is a great coffee as a daily drinker. Smooth and sweet, it's moderately complex with a mellow acid in the orange range (Royal said tangerine and cherry) with a nice sweetness to it - Royal says honey, I thought it was a bit "darker" tasting like a malt. It's not bitter at all, and there's definitely enough complexity to keep it interesting. I distributed a micro lot from Tolima last year and this coffee is very reminiscent of that.

Quick Prices:

5 pounds: $29.30 [(3.58 + .50) x 5 + $1.75 Paypal + $7.15 postage and insurance (USPS Priority Mail)]
    10 pounds: $56.90 [(3.58 + .50) x 10 + $2.50 Paypal + $13.60 postage and insurance (USPS Priority Mail)]
    15 pounds: $78.05 [(3.58 + .50) x 15 + $3.25 Paypal + $13.60 postage and insurance (USPS Priority Mail)]
    20 pounds: $104.95 [(3.58 + .50) x 20 + $4.50 Paypal + $18.85 postage and insurance (USPS Priority Mail)]

5# minimum.

Payment due when you post please, via PayPal. I will only ship to your Paypal verified address, so please make sure it's current in PayPal.

I don't mind shipping internationally as long as you don't mind paying the postage, but please don't use the shopping cart. Instead, PM me and I'll work up a quote for you.

Instructions:
    1) If interested, post to this thread.
    2) Please use the links below for the appropriate quantity (5, 10, 15 or 20 pounds.) I'm happy to sell you more, but you'll need to do additional transactions.
    3) If the links are gone, the coffee is gone!
    4) You'll be taken to Paypal for the final checkout steps.
    5) Important - please make sure your address is correct.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Green Coffee Bean Sources

Since I can pick up from Sweet Maria's and skip shipping, they are my go-to. Here is a link to their current (weekly) newsletter:

Excellent New Coffees from Ethiopia & Uganda

They always have a good selection. I'd be willing to try the Colombia you list, TT, though 5 lbs. is usually my maximum, not my minimum, order :-)