After a few months of damn good coffee I finally nailed it and cooked 2 lbs of the best beans I've ever had. Right up there with the peaberry my buddies cousin picked and roasted for us from his coffee plot at 5,000 in Costa Rica. I'm jazzed.

I'm using the crazy Ronco Showtime roaster that "metalman" on ebay sells. This is a purely manual rig but like everything you learn by doing.

I keep detailed notes on pre-heat time, amt. of green beans and when I hear the first crack and when that becomes a full on symphony. I listen for what sounds like a popcorn machine when all the kernels begin to pop at one time. That is the magic moment when I yank the drum and run it over to my bean cooler. Timing is everything. If I wait longer they are burnt and shorter you won't get the lovely Carmel notes that we love.

I'm letting my beans rest for a full 5 days before they really come on. These are really nice bags for storage of roasted coffee and they do include a valve: Amazon.com: AwePackage 1 lb(16 oz) Stand Up Zipper Pouch Coffee Bag with Degassing Valve (5, Matte White): Kitchen & Dining