User Tag List

Thread: Any Salonistas in Germany / Austria ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Any Salonistas in Germany / Austria ?

My better half & myself will be in Germany / Austria for most of June.

If you're in Germany or Austria we'd like to buy you a beer or a Steckerlfisch.

We'd love to get off the beaten path and get some food / beer with local folks.

Or if you know of any 'must sees' in Frankfurt, Bacharach, Vienna, Hallstatt, Salzburg, Munich, or Rothenburg please let us know.

thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Any Salonistas in Germany / Austria ?

There's a bit of info on Austria here:
    https://www.velocipedesalon.com/foru...-do-47480.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in Germany, granted I'm still pretty new here. My wife and I moved over (with our pooch) in February - we're about an hour east of Köln. I've been a bit busy with work/school and haven't travelled much yet so I wouldn't be able to make many recommendations just yet.

We live in a small town in the Sauerland (think rolling green hills), definitely off the beaten path. It's killer for cycling if you will have bikes with you. If not, hiking trails are truly endless and beer is plentiful. Happy to host if you're in the neighbourhood, even have a guest room if you're in need.

Regardless, excited to hear what you have planned for your trip because once things die down for me I'll likely be tracing your steps!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianWong View Post
    I'm in Germany, granted I'm still pretty new here. My wife and I moved over (with our pooch) in February - we're about an hour east of Köln. I've been a bit busy with work/school and haven't travelled much yet so I wouldn't be able to make many recommendations just yet.

We live in a small town in the Sauerland (think rolling green hills), definitely off the beaten path. It's killer for cycling if you will have bikes with you. If not, hiking trails are truly endless and beer is plentiful. Happy to host if you're in the neighbourhood, even have a guest room if you're in need.

Regardless, excited to hear what you have planned for your trip because once things die down for me I'll likely be tracing your steps!
    Excellent! This Saturday & Sunday we'll be in Bacharach, that's our best shot of getting together. I'll PM you our information and we'll try to cross paths. thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Salzburg, Mozart's house museum is pretty cool. Also the Hohensalzburg fortress and the Schloss Mirabell with gardens. Sachertorte at the Hotel Sacher. Take a day trip to the interesting town of Bad Ischl, and hiking around Fuschl. Cool part of the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alexstar View Post
    In Salzburg, Mozart's house museum is pretty cool. Also the Hohensalzburg fortress and the Schloss Mirabell with gardens. Sachertorte at the Hotel Sacher. Take a day trip to the interesting town of Bad Ischl, and hiking around Fuschl. Cool part of the world.
    Thank you so much. We'll be in Salzburg in a couple days, we will check out your recommendations!