hey there guys,
so this might get a bit long winded but stick with me if you care to.

I am looking to start making frames out of aluminum, i have been building with steel for a while now and I would like to switch things up a bit, I also feel this material will better suit the kind of bikes I am currently making. I wanted to get some advice from some experienced aluminum builders to help get this ball rolling..

To start, it looks like I will be building out of 7005 aluminum because i don't have the space or money to make a chemical bath quenching apparatus for 6061 post weld treatment (please correct me on any of these points) The catch seems to be that 7005 is much harder to source, I personally like to make my own bits and pieces (dropouts etc..) and I have also been having custom tubing profiles drawn for me in the USA, the only 7005 plate supplier I have found so far is Nova and I haven't found anything in terms of straight gauge 7005 tubing that I could have roll formed. Where do you guys source your 7005 straight gauge, butted and plate? the suppliers I know of so far are nova and fairing industrial.

Next thing:
Can someone pass along their TIG settings tips and tricks? I can do the trial and error method but it would be much much appreciated if someone can start me off on the right foot when it comes to their machine settings, tungsten type, diameter and filler rod type and diameter. Also, I have heard that a purge setup isn't necessary.. what are the pros and cons to purging with aluminum?

any info on this subject is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance for your time!

-Cole
Weis Manufacturing