rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Old time hockey, coach

Scratch my back with a hacksaw...that's back to back for Grandma, Jack! It's been quite a season and I wouldn't have guessed that the Pens would have shut out Nashville two games in a row to win it. Should be a great parade.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l46CzD...1BUA/giphy.gif
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    Scratch my back with a hacksaw...that's back to back for Grandma, Jack! It's been quite a season and I wouldn't have guessed that the Pens would have shut out Nashville two games in a row to win it. Should be a great parade.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l46CzD...1BUA/giphy.gif
    Well..............I hope the disallowed Predators goal leads to a rule change. Saying that, the Penguins were the stronger team.

Congrats to Pittsburgh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I called that Horny GW! i did not like seeing that disallowed goal in a final, even though the right call. hard to say how it changed the face of the game, but we all know it did. that being said the Penguins were the better side and had just enough to win it. i have had a rough last couple weeks (including a lingering injury keeping me off the bike more than id like), so this great news was a welcome distraction in life for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nashville had four failed power plays including a 5 on 3 and a flubbed breakaway shot by Sisson that didn't help their cause. I read a review where the Nashville coach noted a change in "energy on the ice" after game 5 in Pittsburgh, where Nashville was shut out 6-0...the game where Crosby skated like a man possessed and six different players scored goals. Nashville lost all three games in Pittsburgh by a combined score of 15-4 and he felt that a win at home in game 6 would give them more than a fair shot at the Cup in game 7.
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beer, hooky and a prophecy: How Pittsburgh celebrated yet another Penguins parade | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Here are the best signs from the Penguins Stanley Cup parade | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

My youngest and a few of his high school mates joined about 650,000 other crazed fans for the Stanley Cup parade yesterday. You can tell by the pics that they were near the action and what impressed him was that the players ended up getting out of the cars and hanging out with the crowd. He's got a cool closeup video of Fleury posing with some older ladies and just having a good old time. Btw...my wife would leave me in two seconds flat in Fleury as much winked in her general direction.

I posted a link to an article about the parade for you Matt. I especially like the statement from a Delta pitot from Boston who was on a layover, so he went to the parade. "Not every day that you get to see the Stanley Cup."

Old time hockey fans for sure.
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beer, hooky and a prophecy: How Pittsburgh celebrated yet another Penguins parade | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Here are the best signs from the Penguins Stanley Cup parade | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

My youngest and a few of his high school mates joined about 650,000 other crazed fans for the Stanley Cup parade yesterday. You can tell by the pics that they were near the action and what impressed him was that the players ended up getting out of the cars and hanging out with the crowd. He's got a cool closeup video of Fleury posing with some older ladies and just having a good old time. Btw...my wife would leave me in two seconds flat in Fleury as much winked in her general direction.

I posted a link to an article about the parade for you Matt. I especially like the statement from a Delta pitot from Boston who was on a layover, so he went to the parade. "Not every day that you get to see the Stanley Cup."

Old time hockey fans for sure.
    So awesome. I thought about flying my dad and i to Pittsburgh for it. hes not been back in something like 18yrs. looks like it was a ton of fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it’s been 5 years and as luck would have it, Mrs. RW and I were given 2 tickets to tonight’s Pens vs Flyers game. Division rival games are always good, but this night was special. Not only did the Pens come from behind to tie and win in OT, earlier in the game, Sid the Kid scored hits 500th goal on a power play with an assist from Malkin. Lots of happy tears in the Paint Can this evening.
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a hockey night in Pittsburgh...folks are gathering this evening to retire Jaomir Jagr's number 68. At 52 yo, he's still playing albeit in low tier Czech league but hey, he's a stud. Long live the mullet!

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/09/s...smid=url-share
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a hockey night in Pittsburgh...folks are gathering this evening to retire Jaomir Jagr's number 68. At 52 yo, he's still playing albeit in low tier Czech league but hey, he's a stud. Long live the mullet!

He must be twelve in that photo!

Jagr owns Rytíři Kladno, the team he plays for. They can't cut him - he's the owner! I think that was his hometown team - he was born in Kladno (steel town like Pittsburgh.) The team is currently in the Czech Extraliga which is the top Czech league. But when he bought them, they weren't a top league team! I hear he makes money on them now. And fans from the US come to see him play.

Last edited by j44ke; 02-17-2024 at 09:56 PM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember playing NHLPA'93 on my Sega Megadrive (Genesis) so many moons ago, he was already on the roster.
    --
    T h o m a s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12