User Tag List

Thread: Favorite Tee Shirt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Favorite Tee Shirt

It's all about the shirt. I expect there will be a "Shut up legs" etc. etc.

This was a very short run from you know who.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Favorite Tee Shirt

I'll have to take a photo later, but I have a Sunset Strip Tattoo shirt that was given to me as a gift by my college girlfriend after we broke up. It was an olive branch of sorts. We never got back together, but I wore that short until it was basically translucent. I still have it at the bottom of my drawer, though it would be embarrassing to wear at this point.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My best friend used to work at this wrecking yard in SF:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SmartWool 100% wool black tee-shirt. Tom Ritchey would certainly approve of it.
    No meaningful reason to post a pic as y'all can likely envision this versatile garment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a rainy day during a surf trip to Sebastian Inlet in college (this is ~18 years ago now), we went thrift shopping. Old guy clothes were cool to us at the time, and the guayaberas were so thick on the ground your feet would never touch dirt.

Anyhoo, I found a Kay's Bakery t-shirt that was old then. On the front it says "Sun your Buns in Lavallette", which is the exact town 1,000 miles north that my family's beach house was. The bakery was long gone by that time. I still wear it despite the suggestion of nipple if you catch it in the right (wrong?) light.

Close second are my Dave Righetti 19 and Dave Winfield 31 t-shirts.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, a thread I can sink my teeth into! I've got quite a few favorites but here's a couple to start:

My mother worked at Women's World Health Spas around 1980/1981 and gave me this T-shirt. Back in the 1980s and 1990s I rocked this T-shirt at quite a few gigs I played in and around Boston.

Scruffy the Cat T-shirt from about 1989. Never worn as I had plans on framing it. Some damage from improper storage over the years. Loved Scruffy. Ended up in a band with Stephen Fredette (guitarist for Scruffy) so it has sentimental value. Stephen is also a great artist and did all the Scruffy designs including this shirt.

Anyway, I'm somewhat of a T-shirt nerd. Whenever I travel I scope out thrift stores for vintage or unusual T-shirts. I"ll post more later.

West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All my classic Tshirts are useless and most are in a greasy heap in my garage.

When I was young and even more fashionably inept than I am now, all of my clothes were grossly over sized. My Tshirts were all XL and I was 5'11, 160lbs. Now I'm hovering around 180 and I still wear a Medium shirt. To this day, I cant explain how I came to the decision that two sizes too big was the right fit.
    Bill Showers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, one more: Here's a T-shirt I got in 1981. Probably my favorite T-shirt. My Nana & Papa lived in Stonington, Deer Isle and we spent time during the summers with them. I occasionally break out this and wear it. Interesting the sizing as it's a Men's 38-40. If this were sold today is would be an XS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got a SOUL RUN tee that's pretty damn comfortable, but this thing gets the longevity award. I designed this my sophomore year of high school. Still mow on occasion in it, but it mostly gets rainy weekend morning coffee lounging duty. Approximately 4 bible pages thin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both over 20 years old. Volunteer EMT while in college.
    Attachment 101534

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think my wife threw out my old favorite gig T-shirt. Jet black with blood red creepy scrawl: "Strangers have the best candy!"

Current faves are unbranded UA or North Face moisture wicking T-shirts in the summer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At 43, I don't much prefer novelty, band shirts, or much of anything with a slogan, logo, joke etc.

My current favorite .... Flint&Tinder Supima tee shirt. So soft.
    https://huckberry.com/store/flint-an...a-air-knit-tee

Last edited by cash; 04-30-2017 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Siri's not so helpful autocorrect
    Best Regards,

Jason Curtis
    FoCo, CO

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No offense. Keep this in track. Pics of fav. Tees not tees you think wear nicely while shopping with Darren at Lulemon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

OK, in an effort to appease the T-shirt Velominati, I present the following much-loved T-shirt that should have been relegated to chain-cleaning duty at least a decade ago.

This is a nearly vintage Michigan Technological University "Senior Walk" T-shirt from my participation in 1994. MTU is in Houghton. Houghton and it's sister town, Hancock, straddle the passageway across Michigan's Upper Peninsula. They also have so damned many bars that I've heard at least a third need to close before the state will issue new liquor licenses to bars or restaurants.

Senior walk starts up the hill in Hancock. You walk down, cross the bridge, and walk back to campus. In 1994, there were 12 drinking establishments along the route. Completing Senior Walk required at least 1 beer at each establishment. I completed it at this level. The professional drinking teams did a beer and a shot. Those who wanted to vomit before the bridge attempted a beer and a pickled egg at each establishment.

Yep, the artwork is crude. It was drawn by a student, and they probably printed about 1,000 of these shirts. I did 10 of the stops, then sat in with a band for 2 sets at the 11th before finishing at the 12th and heading home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had this tshirt for a long time, I love it.

But we do have some Soulrun shirts coming in May 20s, they will be awesome.

-Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ones I wish I still had:

• black 1977 tour, Iggy Pop
    • black Elvis Costello "My Aim is True"
    • peach customized Roxy Music shirt with this image:

56b0490ec2c8e57ddb4ef2a097a39788.jpg

I carefully added script "Roxy Music" in permanent marker as if Byran were speaking the name. It came out really well. Then my girlfriend stole it from me. It's probably still in our bedroom somewhere...
    • black "Remain in Light" European tour
    GO!