I spent a couple of weeks down at Indian Creek. The time was spent with, recently passed, Ginseng Jack and his friend April. They made a living, him sengin' and her hunting dry land fish. She also spent time with other fungi. These folks lived back in the fucking holler.

I was there building a sculpture for the rest area on I-40, it was for the governors wife, a donation for the arts. I built a huge stainless steel sundial. None of that matters, just background. Anyway, as we were setting the sculpture April had the momentous idea we 'celebrate' it was either moonshine or the next dimension... We chose the latter.. I lost 3 months that day. I remember driving a backhoe down the median of the interstate with what I thought was a huge stone to place next to the sculpture. Now every time I stop to visit the sculpture, or take a leak I look at this pebble I could have Hand carried to the rest area... Good news is the sundial is within 2 minutes of accurate, I do remember the week I sat there that day doing the math... God, time stopped.. Ironic I guess.

If you are ever traveling between Nashville and Knoxville, stop at the rest area at mile 266 and get it, get all of it.