User Tag List

Thread: Verizon Fios

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Verizon Fios

Has anybody else been experiencing spotty service over the past week and a total meltdown for the last several hours today? You can't get through to customer service right now and the chat feature is of course down too. For what the service costs, it's shameful. Eff the affordable care act...Trump needs to take care of this now so that I can watch Endeavor tonight.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Verizon Fios

Good luck with fuckface. I think his administration will be going for the less competition is better option.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It took us 12 months to get Verizon to fix the emergency phone line in our elevator. When we complained to the city, Dept. of Buildings came by and fined our building for not having an operational emergency phone line in the elevator. Thanks. When the telecommunications union went on strike, my neighbor, in a moment of genius, called Verizon. He heard that vp's were handling the phones during the strike. He got one. The next day four department bosses came out and installed an entire system in one day, including Verizon Fios which until that point Verizon had also refused to install. Then the strike ended, the building two doors down had Verizon come and do some work, and the service guy somehow managed to cut the line connected to the emergency elevator phone line. So basically there are four guys who know what the f^&k they are doing at Verizon, and the rest of them each have a pair of wire cutters.

In other words, good luck. Verizon is not known for their customer service. But our emergency elevator phone line is in fact working today, and I can hear our downstairs neighbor watching television and she has Fios.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had to use my AT&T wireless service to connect to the Fios help line...somewhat comical. Here's a link to an app that they sent me which might be of help to some of you...if you can log on to get help that is.

Fix Email, Voicemail, TV Picture, Video On Demand, Internet - FiOS Customer Service | Verizon
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I live in the town that got fios first in the state.
    really have had no issues that couldn't be fixed by unplugging and resetting the thing.

knocking on wood...
    was a production originally... they sent a landscaping crew out to dig trenches for the underground cables to the hse.... they filled in and covered w sod..
    then the inside guy came out and working in the house from 8am... I asked him to leave at 6pm.. was pretty new to him also..
    I may have been the first person in mass to have it.. definitely among the first few.
    I told him I would figure out the rest... phew.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I unplugged the router several times and rebooted it to no avail which is why I finally resorted to the help desk...which i couldn't access of course as the line was down. It turned out that they had to remotely "re-synch" the router with an interface (tech talk for you're just a stupid consumer and we are geniuses so we will spare you the details) as they were having this issue at random locations in the region.

Side story...my Dad was a field radio operator and electronic tech in the Marine Corps so we learned about rebooting electronics at an early age. He was always working on some piece of electronic gear on his workshop bench. He was working on an old tube TV and I was about 9-10 yo watching him check things out on his oscilloscope when he accidentally touched a capacitor. That's when the word Meffer first entered my vocabulary.
    rw saunders

West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My service has been a little shifty as of late, but being across the country from you I'm thinking its unrelated. The spotty service happened to coincide with a recent rate increase, so I was already pissed. I called to cancel, move to streaming TV once and for all to say eff yoo to Verizon. Well, To their credit, they dropped a triple play on me for the nearly the price of internet only with Comcast. $65 for a triple play... I'll put up with some network sharts once in a while.
    Bill Showers