Okay, so here are a couple screen shots of the PDF. This is the first draft of a projected four drafts. Second is to arrive June 21. The shape of the house was derived from a discussion about building a house without front or back doors, just entries and viewpoints. My wife is not totally convinced that an oval design can escape the architectural history of hippy-dippy 70's/80's designs with sunken living rooms and shag carpets, but I am intrigued. Granted it results in an effective loss of square footage, something that the architects have calculated to be about 16 square feet (I think that's right - my notes are back on my desk in the city) of unusable space due to curves/corners. Total square footage is about 1900 with the house dimensions about 60x40 feet. The roof has a solarium and outside deck. Heating is radiant floor, and foundation is slab on grade. Mechanicals are all in a sound-proofed storage area off the kitchen, which also helps insulate that exposure from the prevailing winter winds. The drive way leads to a garage with spots for car, tractor and bike room that has been built and then backfilled on 3 sides so the roof is level with the ground and functions as an outdoor patio.

I have a feeling that a significant amount of this design will change for round 2, but I thought I would share this just so anyone following could see the process.

Site overview.

Attachment 102066

Floor plan.

Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 11.35.53 AM.jpg