Just finished watching Occupied, a Norwegian television series that portrays the events associated with a peaceful occupation of Norway by Russia with the complicity of the EU after a "green" Prime Minister is elected and declares Norwegian oil production to be finished in favor of pursuing a newly developed clean form of energy production.

I'd say the acting is okay, but the dramatic tension is well done. And whoever wrote the script has been studying Russian tactics in Georgia and Ukraine, and their "soft pressure" intimidation of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. A bit heavy-handed in spots, but pretty perceptively rendered otherwise.

Also a couple weeks ago, my wife and I watched The Crown. We had just finished watching PBS Masterpiece's Victoria which was sort of Downton Abbey: The Queen's Version. Meh. But The Crown is actually pretty interesting historically. The personalities feel pretty realistically portrayed, John Lithgow plays a pretty great Churchill as an old man grasping at power, and the actress who plays Princess Margaret is one of the more beautiful women I've seen in a while. Plus she can act, as can the actress playing Queen Elizabeth II and the one playing the Queen "Mum".

Both of these are on Netflix.