Thread: VSALON: Zwift Thursdays P/B NixFrixShun @ 9:10 am

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: VSALON: Zwift Thursdays P/B NixFrixShun @ 9:10 am

Necro Thread mining. It's a thing.

Just wanted to report some old news which is new to me. Apple TV 4K (2021) with the ZWIFT app. works like a charm. Using HDMI to a decent and older monitor ZWIFT finds the BT trainer and Bob's your best Uncle.

Despite some poor reviews the remote works well and ZWIFT displays very nicely.

With any luck this winter we will give this VS ZWIFT group ride another shot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My office (it's not a pain cave) has my KICKR, Climb, and Fierte Ti mounted up on a sheet of 4x8' MDF ($23 pre-pandemic) with a rubber mat. I added a nice Samsung 4K 32" monitor and a Bluetooth speaker. I use my office computer with a wireless keyboard and mouse on an elevated stand holding two water bottles. I have a big pedestal fan. Since I retired, I can probably ride outdoors more often since I can choose the time of day. My internet is Starlink.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can Zwift support routes that are uploaded from everybody's bike computers so you can simulate rides from everywhere by pulling them up?

I'm like Bigbill, though, when the weather goes difficult after 10/28 I can pick my spots so I won't be following soccer so closely this year. Just need to make a fender selection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Can Zwift support routes that are uploaded from everybody's bike computers so you can simulate rides from everywhere by pulling them up?

I'm like Bigbill, though, when the weather goes difficult after 10/28 I can pick my spots so I won't be following soccer so closely this year. Just need to make a fender selection.
    Not sure I understand the question but AFAIK, Zwift only allows/supports rides in its own worlds. But it’s easy to create group events that are private and start at a certain time. A buddy organizes groups often during the winter.
    Last edited by Saab2000; 09-10-2022 at 07:34 AM.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post

As Jim said, no on Zwift, but you can on the Tacx Training App (I think it is trainer agnostic but not sure about that). And you can search in there and find rides that folks from all over the world have uploaded. There may be a cost involved (I am grandfathered in to their ecosystem from one of the trainers I own so I am not sure how it works with new to the ecosystem folks).
    « If I knew what I was doing, I’d be doing it right now »

-Jon Mandel

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011