Quote Originally Posted by Ahmdo Molah View Post
Regarding the "lopsided" flame, are you talking about the center flame or the 'ring of fire'(multi-port holes) around it?

Did this "lopsided" issue present itself brand new or did it gradually get that way with use?
* I ask because a UK frame builder Stephen Hilton mentioned on his blog while describing the Welders Warehouse 'multi-jet' tips, that he has "spoken to someone who has used similar ones in the past but abandoned them due to repeated blockage of the fine nozzles." ... but has "not found this a significant problem" himself.
some
If the issue has to do with partial clogging of the fine multi-port holes, would it be possible to flush it out by soaking the tips in alcohol, acetone, or hot water etc.?

What did the supplier/manufacturer have to say about this and what did they offer to resolve the issue(s)?
I was referring to the "ring of fire" surrounding center flame. Some little flames were longer than others. TM Technologies replaced the defective ones. However the problem of return international shipping and all that would make replacement inconvenient.

I've never had a problem with blockage of the fine nozzles and suspect an inexperienced user got too close with his tip and clogged the little holes with melted flux when he accidentally touched the joint. Yes they can be cleaned by soaking them in boiling water. Don't let some random rookie that doesn't know what he is doing influence your purchasing decisions.

The Meco and Paige tips produce a fairly different flame pattern. The Meco tips have very tiny surrounding holes and as a result very tiny side flames. The Paige tips have slits as surrounding "holes" and as a result have larger side flames. Both flame types work well.

I have used the Welders Warehouse tips from the UK. A student brought some to one of my classes. They are very nice. The problem is that they have British threads instead of American threads so they aren't practical for Americans to use. They are a class B fit on Smith threads (meaning it will screw on with some force but not fit perfectly). The pitch angle of the threads is a bit different. When Paige came out with their adapters so their tips fit any American torch handle, it didn't make any sense for us to bother with not-quite-right threading issues requiring international shipping. If you were using WW's torch handle then it would make sense to buy the their tips from the UK too.