User Tag List

Thread: GoPro video:La Palma,descent of Roque de los Muchachos(2426 m);stunning, above clouds

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default GoPro video:La Palma,descent of Roque de los Muchachos(2426 m);stunning, above clouds

Hello !
    La Palma is the steepest island of the World; its highest peak is 2426 m high: Roque de los Muchachos.
    Its eastern ascent starts at oceanlevel :)
    I climbed (by bicycle) the mountain twice: once its eastern, once its western side. I recorded GoPro video on its descents: it shows stunning scenery, views to the volcano, caldera, onto the clouds above the ocean, etc...
    The video shows a part of why La Palma is called: la isla bonita = beautiful island.
    Thanks for watching and hope You like it :)
    Gabor
    ( Bringas emelkedővadasz - Cycling high: bringaturak 2 m folott..+ alatt | Facebook )

Appleton WI -- home of Harry Houdini and Rocky Bleier
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: GoPro video:La Palma,descent of Roque de los Muchachos(2426 m);stunning, above cl

Amazing video -- thank you!

Thought I had asked this question earlier, but I'm not seeing it posted so I'll try again. Very interested in your mounting system that has rock-steady camera position yet appears to have a built-in swivel capability. Can you tell us/show us more about that?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: GoPro video:La Palma,descent of Roque de los Muchachos(2426 m);stunning, above cl

I live (and ride) on a nearby island, not as steep or high but quite similar in profile nontheless.

Great video, I enjoyed it very much!!

I was surprised by the smoothnes of the pevement at the beggining of the footage, but it became much more like the one I'm used to by the middle of the video.

Have fun!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks teleguy57 and sorry for the late answer,
    I used this:
    Feiyu Axis 3 - G4 gimbal: it has a built in stabilizer too and is perfect by trailrunning too. :)
    Feiyu G4 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal for GoPro HERO4/3+/3 GM-G4 B&H

Quote Originally Posted by teleguy57 View Post
    Amazing video -- thank you!

Thought I had asked this question earlier, but I'm not seeing it posted so I'll try again. Very interested in your mounting system that has rock-steady camera position yet appears to have a built-in swivel capability. Can you tell us/show us more about that?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks :) and I'm happy you liked it. In an other ttopic I will share another volcanic ascent: in August I cycled the World's hardest climb, Mauna Kea (4205 m)
    You have fortune to live not far from there. I love canary islands very much: great weather, wonderful landscape, friendly people.... :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last time me and my lads visited La Palma we went down hill in Fuencaliente De La Palma the place offers a breathe taking scenery. The island was shaped by volcanic eruptions and perfected by nature that has made it majestic and magnificent. I suggest you visit this place next time and you will never regret it :) we will probably return here next year tho