Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Leather padfolio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Leather padfolio

Looking for something to hold a legal pad, business cards, pen...the basics. A pocket on one side, or both, would be nice. I would like it to be zippered/buckled and leather or waxed canvas and leather. Something more rugged and classic looking and not the typical corporate piece. Of course if it is made in the USA, that would be ideal. Thanks in advance for suggestions y'all!

Guy
    The mountains are calling and I must go.

- John Muir

The name is Guy Fazzio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Leather padfolio

I've wanted a reason to buy one of these for a while: Leather Portfolio - Leather Notepad Holder | Saddleback Leather Co.

problem, however, was lack of closure.

wifey got me a moleskin cover off of Etsy that i really like. Etsy might be worth a shot... leather padfolio – Etsy
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea your age, but when I started out the classic "attaché" case was a thin, leather case with a zipper. It usually had a business card holder inside as well as a pen loop , beyond that it was a zippered leather envelope.

Those were ideal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just picked up an inexpensive, folding padfolio from a box store and immediately learned something that I feel I should pass on.

If you have any papers in the left hand pocket area, and you close the padfolio, the pen/pencil will cause the edges of the paper to get all crinkled/messed up. Call me nit-picky, but it really discourages me from putting papers in that pocket. Maybe a zippered padfolio would prevent this, or maybe a better one would be designed so the pocket on the front cover is sized better to protect the paper from the stored pen/pencil. As far as I can tell, they made the pocket exactly 8-1/2" wide so once the seams were added, paper doesn't go all the way into the pocket. If I have more than like 5 pages of papers to put in there, forget it, the edges of the papers are guaranteed to get mangled regardless of there being a pen/pencil in there or not.

TLDR: Before you buy it, try and use all the features to see if they are designed properly.

IMG_20160421_111719869.jpg
    IMG_20160421_111737607.jpg
    Samson Shepherd
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Enginerd

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is what I currently have. I have the same issues and am tired of stuff wanting to fall out.

I see you are in Anchorage. We spent last summer up in Fairbanks. We have a lot of work up there and in the summer they tend to look to us in the lower 48 for help. I hope to get up there this summer to get my Alaska fix. One of my construction managers is leaving for Port Heiden this weekend for a one month rotation.

Guy

Quote Originally Posted by AllKnownBikes View Post
    I just picked up an inexpensive, folding padfolio from a box store and immediately learned something that I feel I should pass on.

If you have any papers in the left hand pocket area, and you close the padfolio, the pen/pencil will cause the edges of the paper to get all crinkled/messed up. Call me nit-picky, but it really discourages me from putting papers in that pocket. Maybe a zippered padfolio would prevent this, or maybe a better one would be designed so the pocket on the front cover is sized better to protect the paper from the stored pen/pencil. As far as I can tell, they made the pocket exactly 8-1/2" wide so once the seams were added, paper doesn't go all the way into the pocket. If I have more than like 5 pages of papers to put in there, forget it, the edges of the papers are guaranteed to get mangled regardless of there being a pen/pencil in there or not.

TLDR: Before you buy it, try and use all the features to see if they are designed properly.

IMG_20160421_111719869.jpg
    IMG_20160421_111737607.jpg
    The mountains are calling and I must go.

- John Muir

The name is Guy Fazzio