Thread: Shop Space opening near OMSI/Esplanade in Portland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Shop Space opening near OMSI/Esplanade in Portland

All,

I just posted a Craigslist ad, 300 ft² Bicycle Manufacturing Space, and some additional photos are attached.

IMG_1030.jpgIMG_1031.jpg

Our shopmates, Portland Razor Co. (they have some of their own photos and footage in the space... look them up if you're thinking of going with a straight razor shave!) are moving up to a much larger commercial space, and so our 600 sq. ft. shared shop needs a shopmate. My half is the one pictured, and the plastic sheeting (grinding room) and the mezzanine side is PRCs. That's what's available. Same size.

About me:

I moved to Portland three years ago so I could attend the entire UBI curriculum under the Gi Bill two weeks out of the Army. I stuck around and have spent the better part of the last three years acquiring equipment and going to the Portland Community College Machine Tech Program, as well as working as a metalworking fabricator at ADX (Buoy Beer Tap Handles, for example) and making product development prototypes for various startups. We shot some of the promotional video at my shop for the Hoodworks Gear Gate Cycling Comp for their Crowdfunding campaign. We did a lot of the fabrication there too, but we got some help from Zen before I got my fixturing table.

Even if you'd like a tour, just to satisfy your curiosity, please get in touch with me as soon as possible because I doubt it will be hard to fill the vacancy. Ideally, candidates know their way around a machine shop, and I can trust them to not hurt themselves or burn down the building. If you have your own equipment, just keep in mind that you have a pretty small envelope to put everything in, and my stuff is already there too. I'd like to be able to share the shop less as a split-down-the-middle and more as an integrated floorpan that maximizes throughput, but I'm open to either way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Shop Space opening near OMSI/Esplanade in Portland

Such an awesome opportunity! Man I wish I lived up there now! I think we'd get along quite well. (Machinist / hobbyist frame builder)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to update this to say it's still available. I've decided the CL ad was a little too specific, so I've generalized a bit.

I've got a month to figure this out, so if you're thinking of getting your own shop there's no time like the present!

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've updated the Craigslist ad and uploaded a new photo to show the empty half of the shop, now that Portland Razor Co. has moved out. It's still available!

IMG_1055.jpg