Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outlier Futureworks Pants

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Outlier Futureworks Pants

I went to the dark side and am wearing their Slim Dungarees (long).
    They are really nice and really overpriced, as if that ever stopped a V-worthy purchase ;)
    The fact these are made in long and are slim but not low rise "skinny" is appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I haven't been able to make the plunge into their higher priced line, but I have no doubts about the quality. I wear my Futureworks pants all the time. They work even in cold weather, which is sort of amazing. Not horribly cold, but 40-50F. And as a walk-around pant on rainy days, they are great. Plenty of rain shedding ability. I just need some non-black colors like tan or light gray for summer.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Yes, I haven't been able to make the plunge into their higher priced line, but I have no doubts about the quality. I wear my Futureworks pants all the time. They work even in cold weather, which is sort of amazing. Not horribly cold, but 40-50F. And as a walk-around pant on rainy days, they are great. Plenty of rain shedding ability. I just need some non-black colors like tan or light gray for summer.
    ??????

I had to check and make sure you didn't list some tropical locale as your place of residence.

Surely this hardly qualifies as "cold"??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah so not 20 below zero. But 40F in wind and rain in NYC is not particularly beach weather. What I am talking about is even though they are comfortable in the warmer months, they actually keep up pretty well with a pair of jeans in coldER weather. I'm 6'1" and 148lbs, so there isn't much insulation on me. Mid-30's, its jeans for sure, and in the 20's I am digging out the Capilene.

Of course, even below freezing I see the bros in their cargo shorts heading for Chipotle. Must be something in those burritos.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bought two more pairs of Futureworks pants to add to my collection. The ones I have are now two years old, and while I need to give them a once over to snip some loose ends here and there, they have worn very well. I am barely presentable most places we go, but my wife is visibly relieved when I appear wearing a pair of these.

Good pants.
    Last edited by j44ke; 02-27-2018 at 07:47 PM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had the Outlier Slim Dungarees for at least a year. Brandon's comments and others sent me down this road ;) Honestly, I wanted to see if I could break my Levi's 501 habit...good luck with that.

The SD's are a hit. They are my go to pants for travel and live up to the hype.

They are a perfect fit in 35XLong. Recently I embraced my inner DCT, lowered my eyes and walked into a Lululemon Outlet to try on their ABC pants that also have a long inseam and similar design. It was a close call but I exited without losing my man card...kidding. Their ABC pants are only made in 34 or 36. Bummer.

I'm bumping this thread on the chance someone will have a Goldilocks solution eg 35X36/37" "not levi's" pants to rule them all.

TIA > Goldilocks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    I've had the Outlier Slim Dungarees for at least a year. Brandon's comments and others sent me down this road ;) Honestly, I wanted to see if I could break my Levi's 501 habit...good luck with that.

The SD's are a hit. They are my go to pants for travel and live up to the hype.

They are a perfect fit in 35XLong. Recently I embraced my inner DCT, lowered my eyes and walked into a Lululemon Outlet to try on their ABC pants that also have a long inseam and similar design. It was a close call but I exited without losing my man card...kidding. Their ABC pants are only made in 34 or 36. Bummer.

I'm bumping this thread on the chance someone will have a Goldilocks solution eg 35X36/37" "not levi's" pants to rule them all.

TIA > Goldilocks
    While my Futureworks still get worn, I'm a convert to the Slim Dungarees. Love'em!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jscottyk View Post
    While my Futureworks still get worn, I'm a convert to the Slim Dungarees. Love'em!
    That's all I wear. Tough to kill those pants unless you try and x-country ski on pavement and whip out like lucasz.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12