Inspired by the very helpful question and answer in "the Path" about fillet size (see: http://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum...ize-43619.html) I'd like to add some follow-up questions:

My experiences with first fillet brazing with Fontargen A210 are similar to what I've learned at school, but still are not clear to me:
I can melt and add the brass in a "fillet shape" line around the tube-intersection. I also can (after some training) control and influence fillet size and steel temperature quite well and create bigger and smaller fillets without separation of copper.

BUT: the inner fillet is always very small when I do the brazing in one step. This is always the case, no matter how fast or slow I work, no matter how big the outer fillet is. (Never looks like the pic shown by Ben in the initial thread:

But usually like this:

If I work with a lot of heat, I can create a very flat outer fillet and some significant inner fillet.
Also, if I start with a small outer fillet, I can melt it a second time to make it flow to the inside. In both cases, an additional workstep gets necessary to create a smooth fillet.

1.) Is it possible and useful to create a significant inner fillet (>0.5mm) and a properly sized outer fillet at the same time (without totally overheating the tubes?
2.) Is a beatiful outer fillet and some penetration into the gap all you can ask for?
3.) I can create beatiful inner and outer fillets by heating up the seam three times - but I think, that cannot be the right way...

I thought, I had sorted the fillet brazing out at a base level, but now I'm confused... :f:

Clarification highly appreciated: For how much of an inner fillet do you aim?
And to what degree do you sacrifice "steel overheat prevention" for brass penetration