I've got a situation with the fit-up of some dummy axles and their apparent corresponding dropouts that I'd love to have the illuminati weigh in on. I've already contacted the major players contributing parts and tools to my scenario, but I'd like some fresh eyes on the caper.

I purchased the new all-in-one 15mm thru-axle front dropouts from Paragon (DR2056) and the custom DT thru-axle. I also purchased the modular Nova 12mm thru-axle rear (NOV_DROP_MSET_12D). Lastly, I purchased both indexed and non-indexed dummy axles from Anvil.

Here's the situation with fit-up: Out of the 4 dropouts, I can only get the non-threaded front to seat onto the indexed dummy axle. The all-in-one threaded side for the front doesn't have a counterbore to allow the full seating. On the rear, it seems the slot width isn't the same (narrower) than the spec for the dummy axle, so neither of them will seat.

Don at Anvil says that he was unaware of the new Paragon dropouts without the counterbore until I had linked it in my email query to him, and also that he can't vouch for anything Nova produces, but that his tools correspond to the same spec as that used by Paragon.

Fair enough, I can see myself swapping over to the Paragon rear dropouts (DR2065 plus inserts for DT thru-axles), a little more expensive, but likely worth it.

For the front, I had contemplated grinding the "nub" that would nest into the counterbore on a normal 15mm dropout, knowing that I'd negate any warranty claims. The shoulder slot for the hub would still be there. Any input on that plan?

Lastly, I'm concerned about having the aluminum dropout inserts in place when brazing up the dropouts on the dummy axles to the fork blades and chain/seat stays. I've done the modular sliding dropouts from Nova a couple times (NOV_DROP_115_SLR) and brazed them up without issue, figuring there was enough separation between the heating zone and the aluminum to be fine, but I'm not so sure about the Paragon rear dropouts. Any inout on that?

And if any one has any other input on indexing and brazing up thru-axle dropouts (pics appreciated!), I'm all ears.

Thanks!