Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Buying a mattress online?

My wife and I need to buy another queen mattress that will primarily be in the guest bedroom. Going to a mattress store and trying them out sounds horrible.

Has anyone gone the online route through places like Tuft & Needle, Casper, etcetera? If so, any tips, suggestions, cautions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Buying a mattress online?

Subscribed.
    Randy Larrison
    My amazing friends call me Shoogs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We just had a Tuft & Needle delivered today.

I like a firm mattress, we've slept on a 5" foam on a solid deck for many years but it's worn out. By most accounts, the T&N was rated as 7/10, or the firmest of the mail-order mattresses. I'm a little worried that it'll be firm enough for my taste. I guess time will tell.

Be sure to order from the manufacturer directly, not Amazon, if you want the 100 day trial.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have had 4 Keetsa Pillow Plus mattresses (we moved a bunch and didn't take them with us... It's complicated). I can't recommend them enough if you like a soft mattress. They are ridiculously heavy.

We also have a Casper. Firmer. Way lighter. Still very comfortable. I sleep on a Casper most nights as my kid usually beats me to the Keetsa. If you move a lot - go Casper.

Both great, problem free shipping. Maybe Casper gets the edge here. Less packaging.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My system is - if goes on your head/face or you're going to use it for >5 hours/day in perpetuity, it's worth taking your time and not cutting corners. This includes:

-haircut
    -lotion
    -shoes
    -sport coats/suits
    -mattresses

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ordered a mattress kit from mattresses.net and am super happy with it. All natural latex foam. 6" firm + 3" medium + 3" soft, a bamboo fabric case. No more backaches, neckaches or headaches. It was crazy expensive, but Glorious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have been sleeping on a Casper for a year. Very satisfied. Comfortable to sleep on, so far holding up perfectly well. Most importantly, my companion thinks it is the best thing I have gotten for her in a long while.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    primarily be in the guest bedroom.
    you have already put more thought into this than wifey and i did.

subscribed.
    -Dustin

ldamelio is offline emperor of time, space and all dimensions known and unknown
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another vote for Casper. Very happy with comfort, value, durability, ease of purchase. A no-brainer atmo. A company that gets it and simplifies this type of tiresome consumer chore.
    Lou D'Amelio
    Bucks County PA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need a new mattress, too but I plan to at least give Slumberland a try. They are putting so much money into the American Birkebeiner and Jesse Diggins (elite Nordic skier and World Cup winner from MN) that I feel compelled to at least give them a try. Gotta help the sponsors, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree about the mattress chains. I've often wondered why that particular business is so rife with cheesiness and dishonesty, reminds me of used car dealers.

Anyway 10 years ago my wife and I slept on a great mattress at a Marriott Hotel over 2 nights, and when we peeked under the sheet to see what type of mattress it was, it said 'Jamison'. So we searched and ended up buying one from a nice furniture store in the town we were living in at the time - the only place that carried the brand in fact, and we've never regretted it. It cost a little over $2k but has provided us with really great sleep over all those years, so well worth it. Very heavy mattress btw.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Procrastinated on this, but I finally bought a bed last week, and it's time to order a mattress.

Any more thoughts? I can't go with a local manufacturer, since this is for my place in the sticks of upstate New York. It's either mail order or the little mattress shop in town.

We're both side sleepers, and like our current Simmons pillowtop. I'm tempted by the Keetsa, but a bit leery of their limited return policy. I can't wait long enough to make it to NYC to visit the showroom.

I'm thinking of just ordering a Casper with a topper and giving it a try. Worst case, I send it back.

Thinking aloud here, and still open to suggestions.