Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One man on bike one trailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: One man on bike one trailer

A trailer with no name. We crossed that line, it is done.
    We are in Hatteras. It is 80 F the water is 76f. This is Glamping.
    IMG_0600.jpg
    IMG_0603.jpg
    IMG_0606.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    A trailer with no name. We crossed that line, it is done.
    We are in Hatteras. It is 80 F the water is 76f. This is Glamping.
    IMG_0600.jpg
    IMG_0603.jpg
    IMG_0606.jpg

Nice TT. Welcome to the RV world. We have had such a good time in our trailer over the last 10 years. Memory makers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trip #3 in the books. We are just back from 5 days off the grid. Sorry about Vsalon in a state of disrepair...vacations are real.
    Shenendoah River Valley for Turkey day. We spent 5 glorious days in sparse company. Great hiking, crazy mixed terrain tandem bike riding over some of the nuttiest routes imaginable...think private driveways exiting onto mtn. roads and rural farm roads not maintained by anything ever ;) Warm days and fffffffreezing nights. GREAT campfires and yeah I cooked a *pecan pie (read way way below for the "how")on the wood fire. LOL the first one was toast but I got the hang of it and second attempt was on the money so I went for broke and made cornbread. We ate well. The dog was pretty happy and generally refused to budge from his spot in the sun.
    During one hike I spied a cache box. We opened it and there were two small notebooks and a pen. It was a memory book for people with sharp eyes to share thoughts about their day in the woods. There were some lovely words and we did our best.

The Airstream is a hit, we are planning a bunch of small trips. Lock your doors.

as5.jpgas6.jpgas7.jpgas8.jpgas9.jpgas10.jpgas11.jpgAttachment 105153s6.jpgsh1.jpgsh2.jpgsh3.jpgsh4.jpg

Pecan Pie on a wood fire:
    I used a very ancient cast iron enamel dutch oven that had seen better days but too nostalgic to toss.
    Place something to stand the pie off from the bottom of the pot. I used flattened tin foil wads.
    Put the pie ontop the tin foil wads and cover with tin foil (to prevent ashes from entering) and place the lid upside down on the pot.
    Move all the coals at least 10 inches away from the pot and place the covered pot on the ground in middle of the coals (all sides)
    Put a modest amt. of coals ontop the lid.
    If you did it right this should approximate 375 to 400 F. I cooked a normal size pie in 30 mins. to perfection...the second time ;)
    FWIIW you need less coals than you think. Radiant heat is a MoFo and cast iron is very good at retaining heat.
    Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Living the life, Josh. We are all just along for the ride.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123