User Tag List

Thread: wonderful Brenta - Ortles brevet (363 km + 8088 m) - best of video, trailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default wonderful Brenta - Ortles brevet (363 km + 8088 m) - best of video, trailer

Hello !
    I'm proud to present my cycling video about the italian permanent brevet Brenta - Ortles (officially 363 km + 8088 m). Time to finish: 34 hours.
    It's route is wonderful and challenging (with legendary Giro d'Italia climbs):
    Pietramurata - Molveno - Passo Palade (1518 m) - Merano - Passo dello Stelvio (2760 m) -landslide on the descent - Bormio - Passo di Gavia (2621 m) - Ponte di Legno - Passo del Tonale (1883 m) - Dimaro - Passo Campo Carlo Magno (1682 m) - Stenico - Pietramurata.
    I loved it very much and beside it was adventurous because on the Stelvio descent I had to climb through rocks because serious landslides caused by a strom.
    During the winter I will edit a longer, ca. 40 minutes long video too and in few weeks time I will share a ca. 2 pages long travelogue about it.

I can truely suggest riding this wonderful challenge or parts of the route !

Thanks for watching and I hope (almost sure :) ) that you like it.

Gabor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: wonderful Brenta - Ortles brevet (363 km + 8088 m) - best of video, trailer

WOW!!!! You are a fortunate man,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: wonderful Brenta - Ortles brevet (363 km + 8088 m) - best of video, trailer

363km in 34hrs may not seem a lot, it's 14km/h with 8hrs of stops. But there's over 8800mt of climbing, ain't easy!
    Well done!
    Andrea "Gattonero" Cattolico, head mechanic @Condor Cycles London

"Caron, non ti crucciare:
    vuolsi cosě colŕ dove si puote
    ciň che si vuole, e piů non dimandare"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I know, that it isn't a serious avg speed (I finished in 33.5 hours). I'm a "fun-rider" who always want to enjoy the scenery, stop for photos, sometimes for record videos, that's a reason for a little bit longer time for the finish and the other is ca. 1.5 hours waiting for the end of the serious storm and ca. 40 minutes additional time for climbing the rocks of the landslides on the road. Without that my time would be about 31 + 1/4 hours.
    My net time was: 22 hours 51 minutes for 387 kms (from the house to the finish); avg speed with this bike: 16,9 km/h within careful descending in the night after the landslide.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, Too Tall:)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gyorgyigabor View Post
    Yes, I know, that it isn't a serious avg speed (I finished in 33.5 hours). I'm a "fun-rider" who always want to enjoy the scenery, stop for photos, sometimes for record videos, that's a reason for a little bit longer time for the finish and the other is ca. 1.5 hours waiting for the end of the serious storm and ca. 40 minutes additional time for climbing the rocks of the landslides on the road. Without that my time would be about 31 + 1/4 hours.
    My net time was: 22 hours 51 minutes for 387 kms (from the house to the finish); avg speed with this bike: 16,9 km/h within careful descending in the night after the landslide.

My point was about the distance AND the elevation gain. Taking both into accounts, altogether with the necessary rest and pictures/etc., even a 14km/h average is something that needs great effort to be done. You've done nearly 17km/h which is pretty good
    Andrea "Gattonero" Cattolico, head mechanic @Condor Cycles London

"Caron, non ti crucciare:
    vuolsi cosě colŕ dove si puote
    ciň che si vuole, e piů non dimandare"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Anybody is interested, I edited the long version of that video with more details, more beauty :)

This is the 45 minute long version :)
    It seems funny in the video, that the title shows 364 kms, while the coverphoto shows 363 kms. :) I haven't corrected yet ...
    In the event description it was 363 km, the map roadbook showed 364 km.

Best wishes : Gábor