User Tag List

Thread: video: Super Randonnee Prealpina (618 km + 12674 m): randonne or tourist version

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default video: Super Randonnee Prealpina (618 km + 12674 m): randonne or tourist version

Hello !
    In June I had a 17 days long bicycle tour in the Alps, Europe.
    In the middle of the tour I participated on an extrem / ultra level cycling event: Super Randonné Prealpina (618 kms + 12674 m heightdifference) in Italy.
    It's a cyclotouring event in northern Italy, by the lakes: Lago Maggiore, Lago Lugano, Lago d'Orta but contains 14 climbs: Banchette , Bochetto diSessera / Bielmonte , Alpe Noveis , Passo San Bernardo , Passo di Colma , Mottarone (1455 m), Piancavallo (1254 m), Pian dei Sali , Alpe di Neggia (1395 m) , Cademario , Lanzo d'Intelvi , Alpe Tedesco , Sette Termini , Passo Cuvignone (1036 m)
    To get the randonnee level you have to finish in 55 hours, but for the tourist version You have 7 days.

After cycling 5 days in Switzerland I had 2 rest days and using the same touring bike I started the challenge; my aim was the randonné version after last year's successful ride by the Valtellina EXtreme Brevet (345 km + 8998 m --> 3 rounds)

I edited a video about this bicycletour; have pleasure with it & thanks for watching !

and besides I can truely suggest to participate or to face with this challenge: great ride and the landscape is wonderful !

If you have questions, don't hesitate to write; I will answer for it and I plan to write my travelogue about this wonderful randonnee !

Gabor Györgyi
    www.facebook.com/cycling.high

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: video: Super Randonnee Prealpina (618 km + 12674 m): randonne or tourist version

Amazing accomplishment Gabor. You also did PBP?

Eastern Vermont, White River Junction-Hanover, NH area
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: video: Super Randonnee Prealpina (618 km + 12674 m): randonne or tourist version

Wow, that is impressive. Good job! Looks like there are a lot of super-serious cyclists in Europe!

What bike did you ride? Steel or something else?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This man is doing far more alpine climbs than most of the italians. Chapeau!
    Andrea "Gattonero" Cattolico, head mechanic @Condor Cycles London

"Caron, non ti crucciare:
    vuolsi cosě colŕ dove si puote
    ciň che si vuole, e piů non dimandare"