Thread: Nitro cold brew...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nitro cold brew...

-got you covered bro darren..

nitro coffee has no alcohol, but dispenses like a dark stout with a dark roast coffee profile..
    at local coffee house..

great up-pick after a ride with no designated rider required..

ronnie with a java smile

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Nitro cold brew...

I don't believe Nitro brewed coffee is any better than cold brew, in fact, nitro brew starts out its life as a cold brew coffee then after it's brewed for 12 to 24 hours then they infuse it with nitrogen. What makes me say they don't taste any different? I went to Starbucks and bought a nitro-brewed coffee, was it good? yes, it was, but it didn't taste any different than what my cold brew tastes like I make at home. So I went back to Starbucks and tried the sweet cream version...yummy, it was dessert! Then about a year after that I was at a Krogers and saw a bottle of CoffeeMate Espresso Cream, while I prefer my coffee black I also like a change, and over the years I've tried all the various creams that I knew that I would like, so I thought I would give this new stuff a try. Guess what? I was able to duplicate darn near to the exact flavor of the Starbucks Nitro Brewed Sweet Cream coffee!! In fact, I preferred mine over Starbucks because I make my cold brew stronger than they do.

So people really don't need to spend $1,500 or so for a nitro brewing machine unless they have money burning a hole in their pocket.

Today I'm trying a different method of cold brewing that I saw on YouTube, where you use a French Press, fill with it one cup of course ground coffee, dump it into the press, then slowly pour in a circular fashion 3 3/4ths cups of water, then using the back of a spoon you get the grounds on top to push down a bit gently, then put the plunger thing on and let it sit for 24 hours. Once done you will want to pour the coffee into something to keep in the fridge but as you pour it in filter it with a cloth so you don't get all the mud in the coffee. I have a cold brew maker, but I read about this method and thought I would try it and see what happened. I won't know the taste till tomorrow.