Quote Originally Posted by e-RICHIE View Post
When I used to use tabbed dropouts, at last 12" of brass rod would be fed into each joint (that's inside...). I never used gravity; the parts were always on their side, and filler metal was fed in, and heat would draw it in left/right or right/left. ...
First, thank you sir, for your kind generosity and guidance.

I'm surprised by the relative scarcity of (detailed) videos online demonstrating 'Brazing Tab Type Dropouts', particularly demonstrating how to 'fill the big gap under the arch'.
I did find a video demonstrating most of the prep and brazing processes;
https://ms-my.facebook.com/ChapmanCy...5401013849050/

I've mentioned the video above as a 'visual reference' to make our written communication a bit easier. About half way into the video he begins to add filler from the tips of the 'half-moon', and capillary action sucks filler into the slots. Unfortunately, the process of 'filling the big gap under the arch' is not shown in detail(skipped) in the video.

When you mention, "filler metal was fed in, and heat would draw it in left/right or right/left," how is your technique similar or different from that shown in the video?

How do YOU 'fill the big gap under the arch'? (i.e. aim the flame into the tube and touch rod onto the dropout inside under the arch and build up to the top of the arch inside? Or add filler from the top inside the arch and let it flow down and build up?) It seems that there would be a limit to how much can be further added (with ease) from the slots once the gaps are initially filled.