Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rain Jacket

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Rain Jacket

I have a MW Orion lightweight from a few years ago- still my go to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a Beta AR that I bought at full-price a few years ago (something I rarely do). It's not made in Canada, but the construction has been solid in the five years I've owned it and I have no doubt they'd stand behind it if something went wrong.
    My name is Hung | Instagram | Website/portfolio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hmai18 View Post
    I have a Beta AR that I bought at full-price a few years ago (something I rarely do). It's not made in Canada, but the construction has been solid in the five years I've owned it and I have no doubt they'd stand behind it if something went wrong.
    +1 for Arcteryx. After having one of their original gore-text shells for 10+ years of abuse, I replaced it with a newer model. Took the original one back to Arcteryx here in Vancouver, after speaking with a gore-text rep who suggested that it would likely be warranteed(which I found hard to believe).

Sure enough the gal at the counter took the old mangled jacket form me. After admitting that she did not recognize the model, promised that someone would be in touch. A week later I had a brand new jacket of my choosing couriered to my door. Incredible. Even through the production has been sent offshore the quality remains. Most of my outdoor gear has gradually been replaced with their stuff.

That said - their gear is Very technical looking. If you're looking for something a bit more tailored you could check out their Veilance line but there's a lot of other stylish options at that price point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another MW Orion. I have the Schoeller version in black. It's among the best things I've owned. I wear it almost daily year round in Boston. Perfect travel jacket on or off the bike. Rain falls off like water on a duck. Detachable hood. Flattering cut.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have one of the Sugoi neo shell jackets made with GSmith's polartec neoshell membrane. Favorite jacket on the bike ever. Looks nearly as good as the early rapha soft shells, breathes really well and puts up with a bunch of rain. Take a look over at steep and cheep - looks like backcountry ordered too many of them. They're a steal right now.
    This is my substitute for pistol and ball. With a philosophical flourish Cato throws himself upon his sword; I quietly take to the bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmgorman View Post
    I have one of the Sugoi neo shell jackets made with GSmith's polartec neoshell membrane. Favorite jacket on the bike ever. Looks nearly as good as the early rapha soft shells, breathes really well and puts up with a bunch of rain. Take a look over at steep and cheep - looks like backcountry ordered too many of them. They're a steal right now.
    I have the Marmot version. Breathes much better than Pac Lite.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12