User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speaking of conspiracies, have you been taking supplements? Read this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Speaking of conspiracies, have you been taking supplements? Read this.

Quote Originally Posted by GrantM View Post
    I recall seeing something about a prescription for cycling being at least as effective
    as many mood altering drugs in kids. Maybe we're on to something here.

-g
    Not just kids, everyone! It's my #1 psychological intervention. I'm not anti-drugs (nor am I a booster), but a prescription for exercise is my go-to intervention for a variety of psychological disorders. Along with a few other factors that need to be in place, it's incredibly effective in my experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Speaking of conspiracies, have you been taking supplements? Read this.

speaking of conspiracies, I'm pretty sure the book of faces deleted one of my posts that mentioned this story and GNC. I'm really surprised this hasn't gotten more play, it's a big business and what has been done is pretty disgusting

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I second Grant and Monadnocky. I absolutely have to have exertion, exhaustion, adrenaline, fresh air, challenge, etc...on a very regular basis or else I get incredibly cranky, antsy, irritable, and downright dark. While nothing is shocking anymore, I am constantly baffled by the amount of advertising/marketing etc...that goes into prescription drugs. How did we get to this state? I can't understand why it's legal to push and push and push prescription drugs on a country that has a recognized, wildly out of control, prescription drug habit. I find it very sad, w/all the goodness that our country can and has produced/enabled/engendered, this is a dark mark and sickening commentary/aspect that puts big $$ in front of human lives and dignity, and for that matter - National dignity.
    you're not the lord of the flies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

amen.

Quote Originally Posted by mainemike View Post
    I second Grant and Monadnocky. I absolutely have to have exertion, exhaustion, adrenaline, fresh air, challenge, etc...on a very regular basis or else I get incredibly cranky, antsy, irritable, and downright dark. While nothing is shocking anymore, I am constantly baffled by the amount of advertising/marketing etc...that goes into prescription drugs. How did we get to this state? I can't understand why it's legal to push and push and push prescription drugs on a country that has a recognized, wildly out of control, prescription drug habit. I find it very sad, w/all the goodness that our country can and has produced/enabled/engendered, this is a dark mark and sickening commentary/aspect that puts big $$ in front of human lives and dignity, and for that matter - National dignity.
    ‘The Earth is not dying, it is being killed, and those that are killing it have names and addresses-‘ Utah Phillips

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ditto here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, 15 years ago the only "drug" ads on television were for Bayer and Aspercream. What happened?
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meanwhile, the feds are continuing their fight to close California's oldest cannabis dispensary here in Berkeley, a business that has the support of the entire city government, plays by all the state laws, and provides a lot of local tax revenue. The hypocrisy in this strange land of ours is sometimes too great to fully comprehend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bcm119 View Post
    The hypocrisy in this strange land of ours is sometimes too great to fully comprehend.
    I'm sure that from the perspective of the politicians who write the laws it isn't hypocrisy at all, but simple logic:

You donate lots of $$$ and you get the laws you want.

I doubt the Koch brothers and Sheldon Adelson do what they do simply because they personally like the candidates they support.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David Tollefson View Post
    Seriously, 15 years ago the only "drug" ads on television were for Bayer and Aspercream. What happened?
    drug ads weren't legal. Was it only 15 years ago?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You pay somewhere. Meds vs regular "exertion, exhaustion, adrenaline, fresh air, challenge". Big pharma only pushes what people are willing to buy. At least half a dozen times a day I encourage, cajole, threaten, etc trying to get people eat well and get regular exercise. "Don't you have a pill for that?" I would rather write for less medications, but if people are not ready to make significant change, my choices are limited.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott G. View Post
    Orrin is just fighting against job killing gummint regulation.

Besides, maybe those were all homeopathic remedies.
    Sorry for bumping an old thread on my first post.

You have to understand Utah culture and the multi level marketing (think pyramid scheme) of "natural supplements" and the big money from them that flows into politics. That's all he's ever cared about. Don't forget how he helped out the Overlord Bankers in 2005 by making personal bankruptcy more difficult.

Unfortunately, I understand this culture all too well but climbing the mountain roads goes a long way to make up for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12