Ok, I'm not even sure where to begin...

My last post was back in July, and I had estimated it was about day 10 of my evenings back at the bench after work. All of the work up until that point had been going quite smooth, but a few things have happened since.

First, my brother wanted his camera back. A very nice Nikon DSLR, but even more important were the lenses and the articulating flash on top. The latter are back on loan.

Second, my jig for the chain stays was off somewhere ! Although I thought I was in good shape, I inserted a wheel in the frame after the seat stays were on (I did it before too) and the wheel... well... it just wasn't quite straight. This wasn't an issue with my previous frame using this jig, because that frame was built with horizontal dropouts with adjustment screws. That frame rides as straight as can be. Despite what I tried to do to fix the situation, the proper fix that I ended up with was replacing the chain stay. We're all straight now! Checked, double checked, triple check and checked a few more times before brazing. Forgive me for the lack of pictures of that debacle.

Here is the finished frame, already to go off to paint...

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg