Thread: West Michigan Builders?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default West Michigan Builders?

Hey Folks,

I am just looking to see if there are any frame builders in the Grand Rapids area present on here?

I know there aren't many custom frame shops in the area, but I am hoping to connect with someone with some experience. I currently have been reading and practicing some brazing techniques. Now, I'm to the point that I am ready to plan out my first frame for myself and order materials and would like to get some advice.

Thanks, I love this place...and spend way too much time lurking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: West Michigan Builders?

Scott Q:

Quiring Cycles

- Garro
    Steve Garro, Coconino Cycles.
    Frames & Bicycles built to measure and Custom wheels
    Hecho en Flagstaff, Arizona desde 2003
    www.coconinocycles.com
    www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gearshifter, Herbie Helm is in Berrien Springs, Michigan and I'm in Niles near the Indiana border. Together we teach a number of 3 week (usually) framebuilding classes each year. This week was the start of another one. I taught my 1st framebuilding class at Andrews University in the summer of 1976.

By the way one of the rules of posting in the framebuilding section is including both your first and last name in your post.

Doug Fattic

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Fattic View Post
    Gearshifter, Herbie Helm is in Berrien Springs, Michigan and I'm in Niles near the Indiana border. Together we teach a number of 3 week (usually) framebuilding classes each year. This week was the start of another one. I taught my 1st framebuilding class at Andrews University in the summer of 1976.

By the way one of the rules of posting in the framebuilding section is including both your first and last name in your post.

Doug Fattic
    That's great. I'd love to participate in one. Is there a website with a schedule and registration information?

Sorry, didn't see the name rule. Thanks,

Andrew Conrad

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gearshifter View Post
    Is there a website with a schedule and registration information?
    Andrew, no I don’t have a website. I get more students than I could possibly teach (yesterday I got 3 more inquiries) and making myself more visible would just take more of my time explaining my class methods to casual tire kickers that aren’t that serious. The bonus for me is that those that do the most research about framebuilding classes also tend to be the most diligent students. Much of my teaching career (with real university degrees and state certification in the field of education) has been devoted to sharing framebuilding skills in the most effective way possible. Email me and I’ll send you lots of specific information. The short version is that I teach longer classes with an emphasis how to make more in the future. Whatever that future may hold one can at least leave class with a frame they made just their their specifications.