User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 years from now where do you want to be, with whom & doing what or- maybe re-visit

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 10 years from now where do you want to be, with whom & doing what or- maybe re-visit

--prior to arlington,
    i want to be with tammy, ashley & kenneth..
    with my velocipede brothers and sis..
    riding our steel lugged handcrafted..
    have health, sanity and smiles..
    but also..,
    make it all-right with the first girl i ---..
    smile with my first teacher i was out-of-line with..
    sorry to ole man hutchen's for cob'n his melons..
    wipe the blood from my heart.., the first life i ---..
    save the harp seals..
    compassion for/to all..

just be able to give more & take less, without criteria or justification..

ronnie

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 10 years from now where do you want to be, with whom & doing what or- maybe re-vi

Quote Originally Posted by ron l edmiston View Post
    make it all right with <cut>---

Makin' it right - priceless atmo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 10 years from now where do you want to be, with whom & doing what or- maybe re-vi

I just want to be more by being less.

"Even my farts smell like steel!" - Diel

"Make something with your hands. Not with your money." - Dario

Sean Doyle

www.devlincc.com

https://www.instagram.com/devlincustomcycles/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139142779@N05/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wrong thread
    Loki E. Loki

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully retired from engineering with a post-career career cobbing together frames for some lucky folks. My younger daughter will just be going into 6th grade, probably, and the elder will be finishing up business and beauty school. And my young wife has said she'll go back to work full time, but my plan is that she won't need to...
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope to be where I was meant to be. I could not have seen where I am now 10 years ago. To think I could pick a landing spot 10 years from now seems impossible. I do appreciate, Ronnie, that you're answers reflect the things you do have control over. We all have control over our actions, their consequences and the people we surround ourselves with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Living with my wife on a farm in the country that requires no maintenance beyond riding around on my brand new Huntsman I downloaded from 44Bikes Int'l and printed out that morning on my carbon printer.

Oh and we'd have a helicopter or whatever the equivalent would be then. And a dog. I figure even 10 years from now, dogs will still be dogs.

I have the goals of a 12 year old I guess.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a sailboat, w/or w/out someone, seeing the world. The world is mostly water and I want to see it via sailboat, not 2 wks at a time via planes/trains/automobiles/work vacations - that isn't living and certainly hasn't been enough thus far.
    you're not the lord of the flies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ten years and three days from now I want to be enjoying a nice birthday dinner with my wife, daughter no. 1 (who will then be 13) and soon to be daughter no. 2 (who will then be 9), as I conclude my 51st year on this planet. As long as we can cheers to health and happiness the other details are far less important (though to be financially secure on top of all that, if we are talking about where I want to be, would be on top of my list for the other details).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope I am well into one of the four extended tours I've been thinking about so long now: Which means in Europe, out West, South America or Southwest Africa somewhere.

Unless i can meet a travel companion with ride style highly similar to mine and who likewise eschews wearing tight shorts and pants I damn well would prefer to be alone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A thought-provoking question.

• Still happily married.
    • Still healthy and active. Lots of cycling and lots of traveling, I hope.
    • Still financially comfortable and stable.
    • Still surrounded by real friends.
    • Retired, at least from full-time work, and engaged in work that is meaningful and satisfying. I've got some thoughts, and am taking some steps, regarding this goal.

And a grandfather, maybe, but that part's not up to me.

...when I'm sixty four...
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

on my own with my girls getting ready to go to college or trade school or the army or whatever...in control of my own destiny.
    Insubordinate. And Churlish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Married another 10 great years to the best person on the planet (only at 13 years now)
    - Simplified my life even more than it is today (always a work in progress)
    - Still treating my fellow brothers/sisters in this world even better than the way I want to be treated (again, always a work in progress)
    - Happily retired at a young age before everything really starts falling apart

And, the other stuff should just work itself out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is something I've spent a lot of time pondering as of late. A possible career change and the birth of a child will do that for you.

Goals in no particular order:
    -I'd like to be a practicing PT
    -I'd liked to have just finished a CX season in which I watched my son participate
    -I'd like to have no student loans

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Living with my wife on a farm in the country that requires no maintenance beyond riding around on my brand new Huntsman I downloaded from 44Bikes Int'l and printed out that morning on my carbon printer.

Oh and we'd have a helicopter or whatever the equivalent would be then. And a dog. I figure even 10 years from now, dogs will still be dogs.

I have the goals of a 12 year old I guess.
    I could live w/o the helicopter, and would gladly spend a good chunk of my free time painting the barn. Otherwise, yes.
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

leanto.jpg

here, smoking in some wabi-sabi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had newborn twin boys 3 months ago. It has been a life changing experience as anyone with kids I'm sure goes through. In 10 years... I would simply love to be enjoying my hobby of cycling with them in some capacity!
    Tom Lowry

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Dude, you'd be better off buying a small condo near a farm or renting a tiny cabin on someone else's farm. Farms are nothing but work.
    Think those cows stay on their side of the fence...think again.
    Think those fences stay where they're supposed to...wait until the first storm (it's a fact that all trees fall perpendicular to fences)
    Think that field will maintain itself and that the invasive blackberries will stay put...not quite
    Jason Babcock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mjbabcock View Post
    Dude, you'd be better off buying a small condo near a farm or renting a tiny cabin on someone else's farm. Farms are nothing but work.
    Think those cows stay on their side of the fence...think again.
    Think those fences stay where they're supposed to...wait until the first storm (it's a fact that all trees fall perpendicular to fences)
    Think that field will maintain itself and that the invasive blackberries will stay put...not quite
    Ah, let me clarify "no maintenance". No livestock. Just the dog. Let the fields go fallow. Trees return if they want to. Me my wife the dog and the land can rest. But if there is a house on it, there will be work enough anyway.

So I am really talking about land. I know real farms are work. I've worked on them. And for cows, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This question is why I spend so much of my life reading the ride reports. You folks make it hard to choose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast