Likes Likes:  0

Thread: DSTLD Jeans

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default DSTLD Jeans

Does anyone have experience with these? I'm looking for something that at least LOOKS like raw denim and wears well. I like the look of these but they sound too good to be true.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: DSTLD Jeans

I don't think you'll find anyone here with these being so new. Maybe over at styleforum?

They look... interesting. They aren't selvedge, which is probably a lot of how to keep the price down. They state they are "sanforized raw"... which to me is kind of an odd statement to make (although they are not even close to the only ones). I mean, if they have been steamed and stretched before being cut an sewn, does it matter that they haven't been washed or treated after? I wouldn't personally be a fan of the lycra in the weave, but some find it awesome, and it isn't out of place in high end denim (naked and famous, among others use it). At 11.5oz I would not expect these to "wear well", depending on your definition. I mean, way better than the 7.5oz prewashed common stuff, but nothing like the 18oz raw stuff that nerds get excited about (disclosure: I'm a nerd).

If you're looking for an entry to nerd denim, it's hard to go wrong with Uniqlo's selvedge. Yes, they are sewn in china, but the denim is top notch. There is some debate as to if they are actually raw or not, with most reporting an inch of shrinkage in the inseam and about a half inch in the waist (this is about half way between what I experienced between my 3sixteens (unsanforized) and my iron hearts (sanforized). The construction is, however, outstanding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spopepro View Post
    I don't think you'll find anyone here with these being so new. Maybe over at styleforum? They look... interesting. They aren't selvedge, which is probably a lot of how to keep the price down. They state they are "sanforized raw"... which to me is kind of an odd statement to make (although they are not even close to the only ones). I mean, if they have been steamed and stretched before being cut an sewn, does it matter that they haven't been washed or treated after? I wouldn't personally be a fan of the lycra in the weave, but some find it awesome, and it isn't out of place in high end denim (naked and famous, among others use it). At 11.5oz I would not expect these to "wear well", depending on your definition. I mean, way better than the 7.5oz prewashed common stuff, but nothing like the 18oz raw stuff that nerds get excited about (disclosure: I'm a nerd). If you're looking for an entry to nerd denim, it's hard to go wrong with Uniqlo's selvedge. Yes, they are sewn in china, but the denim is top notch. There is some debate as to if they are actually raw or not, with most reporting an inch of shrinkage in the inseam and about a half inch in the waist (this is about half way between what I experienced between my 3sixteens (unsanforized) and my iron hearts (sanforized). The construction is, however, outstanding.
    Thanks. This is a good tip that I have some reading to do on how jeans are made.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boxerboxer View Post
    I'm looking for something that at least LOOKS like raw denim and wears well.
    If you're willing to wait, I've been happy with the two pairs I've gotten from Gustin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought a pair, should be here tomorrow. A little nervous about the spandex giving them a funny look but who knows. My wife wears jeans with stretch and they look pretty damn normal.

Nice folks to deal with, hope they work out. Free shipping and returns so no harm if they don't work out.

No middleman = Lower pricing I guess.

Sexy models.