Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wool Trousers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wool Trousers

I have a couple pair of chinos that need replacing, and I can't stomach the $80/pair that J. Crew wants for cotton pants. I think I'm going to get a couple pair of wool trousers instead.

Any recommendations? Are there better deals out there than Brooks Brothers at 2 for $229?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Wool Trousers

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I have a couple pair of chinos that need replacing, and I can't stomach the $80/pair that J. Crew wants for cotton pants. I think I'm going to get a couple pair of wool trousers instead.

Any recommendations? Are there better deals out there than Brooks Brothers at 2 for $229?
    BB make some nice ones though. Keep that in mind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd put chinos and wool trousers in pretty different categories as far as style goes, or level of casualness, at least. While it's great to have a couple nice pairs of wool trousers, if you need chinos and can't stomach the JCrew price, look for a coupon. They're usually on sale. And they're 25% off right now, so that should help some. Or try Gap for a less expensive option. And they also have sales regularly. I pretty much live in their lived-in slim khaki. 5 pairs, 5 colors, 5 days of the week, and I've probably only spent around $150, if that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although BB is a higher priced item, they are really well made and are made from a really high quality wool.... in other words you get what you paid for.

If you take care of them, they will last a long time. 1 pair of BB > 2 pair of J. Crew or Limited quality pants

Quote Originally Posted by joosttx View Post
    BB make some nice ones though. Keep that in mind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    I'd put chinos and wool trousers in pretty different categories as far as style goes, or level of casualness, at least.
    Yeah, that's true. I have a wardrobe that spans both categories. Most of my shoes and shirts are a bit more on the formal side, so I was thinking that dressing my wardrobe up a notch might not be a bad idea.

I ended up going with a couple pair of trousers from J. Press. They should show up today, so I'll soon see if it was a good choice.