Everyone needs to carry a frame pump. Perhaps you don't need one on every ride however it is the right stuff to have most of the time.

I've got two frame pumps that are equally awesome.

First up is the venerable and no longer made Silca Frame Pump. It is crazy light weight and used properly will reliably pump to 90 PSI especially using the XL sizes. Silcas come with a list of things you should and should not do in order to have them last. Follow the rule book and they will last forever.
Silca Rules:
Spit on the seal - no kidding, it preserves the rubber.
Never let the handle extend to full reach - if you do the pump handle will explode, not kidding.
Gently rock the pump head onto the valve and when done smack it off with a sharp hit - just do it
Once in a blue moon - regrease the leather washer with some goose grease.
DSC06600.jpg

Zefal HPX Traditional - This is probably going to win the discussion once the dust settles. Everyone has owned this frame pump. It is the pump ATMO handed to me when I thought my pump wasn't working. I've got a drawer full of them. Zefals pump to 90 PSI easily, are serviceable and can be used as weapons multiple times due to heavy construction. The only knock is that they weigh a lot, enough that we all have foolishly tried other pumps only to "re-discover" our HPX waiting patiently for a return to service.
Zefal HPX rules:
None
pu2-2.jpg