User Tag List

Thread: Thin wood bowls/vessels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thin wood bowls/vessels

Continuing with the thin wood theme started by ericpmoss.

I bring to you Stephen Gleasner. Steve and I have known each other for 30 years. Like many friendships we have threaded through each other's lives leaving large gaps of time between crossing. During one of those gaps he started experimenting with creating thin wood items as well as color. These are made out of special plywood ... that right, plywood ... which he than applies his color technique.

A few samples - it is hard to tell how amazingly thin these vessels are by the photos:

Behindthecurtain.jpggleasner_5_2_300res.jpggleasner2.jpgGleasnerNightOnClouds(1).jpgMeetings.jpgStephenGleasner2.jpg

Steve is also an accomplished cyclist having completed the transcontinental MTB race - the Tour Divide. If you have ever seen the movie about the Tour Divide, they feature a woman named Mary. What they edited out was that Steve and Mary rode the last ~week or more together as well as finished together. I guess it told a better story that way...
    Brian McLaughlin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Thin wood bowls/vessels

GORGEOUS work. I'm always fascinated with what is "art" vs "functional" or "craft". Clearly crossing all lines here.