Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Selberbruzzler

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Selberbruzzler

Hey! Good to see you here on Smoked Out! What an organic story and an extraordinary group of people. And hey, what happened to the pretty girls that were in the group??!!

I had a chance to see the progression of work in London. I did a quick walk-thru on the top level of the velodrome and was surprised to see the Selberbruzzler bikes there (but there was nobody in the stand at the time!!). The bikes are really looking good and the passion shows through with some thoughtful details. I was impressed by the raw finishes and the lighting solutions as I have followed Ernst, Sebastian and Thorsten for some time now.

There are some real advantages from working in a group. You're team all come from diverse backgrounds and you already have an extensive resource pool to draw from. That, for me, was one of the hardest realizations when starting my business years ago. You can't fake experience and you represent the product that goes out the door, and vice versa. When you make those mistakes and realize what happens, those precious, painful minutes that pass in awe of your capability of error, those stay with you for life. At some point you look at your bikes and realize what it took to get there and appreciate those moments that make you grow as a builder and as a person. All the forum-scouring and stalking will never get you there, and that's a good thing. You guys are honest with your mistakes and learn from them and continue to share the knowledge. You're doing the work from the ground up, and the bikes are benefitting from it.

Keep up the great work!!

darren

1376459_10151935099795803_1234695936_n.jpg
    Darren Crisp
    crisptitanium.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Darren,

good to hear from you. Hope everything is fine. It's a pity that we haven't found us at Bespoked. Maybe we have a chance for lunch and a few beers or vino rosso in early October when we will be back in Tuscany to ride the l'Eroica (some with their own frames) and I am pretty sure that Thorsten will bring his Julia (she opts to ride the 140 km round this year).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My latest build (cross season is rapidly coming nearer!), finished and first ride yesterday:
    P1000884_.jpgP1000887_.jpgP1000878_.jpgP1000877_.jpgP1000867_.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found some images which were made during the interview for an article published in TOUR Magazine in May 2013

Selberbruzzler | dominik kiss | photographer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gerolf from the Fahrstil-Magazine invited us to show up with a bike to this year's Trendlounge at Eurobike, Friedrichshafen (Germany). He asked for the Kinder-bike I have made for my son, which is part of an article about framebuilders at Bespoked (London, 2014) in their actual issue. It was (especially for me) an honour that our homemade amateur stuff was exhibited beside some work of the great Tom Ritchey and others.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finished a fillet brazed road frame by the end of last year. It features Shimano's Di2 and hydraulic brakes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noize at work:
    17300033_.jpg

Making of (more at the Selberbruzzler booth, Berliner Fahrradschau 2015):
    17300022_3.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123