Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: any blendtech users?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default any blendtech users?

just pulled it out of the box. i know the reviews said LOUD but chri$t man, not sure i can enjoy the results with a splitting headache and bleeding eardrums. trying to decide if i actually load it up with some food or just box up and return.

what have you guys found?
    Nick Crumpton
    crumptoncycles.com
    Instagram
    "Tradition is a guide, not a jailer" —Justin Robinson
    "Mastery before Creativity"—Nicholas Crumpton 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: any blendtech users?

Disclaimer: I'm a BlendTec-sponsored athlete.

That said, mine is the shit. Honestly, the noise is worth it replacing both my Cuis (which I adore, and used for pretty much...everything) and standard blender. I even took it upon myself to pack the smallest one in my travel luggage (with the nut butter jar). It's the jam when I'm in a country that doesn't do things like...peanut butter. Or flour. Or they have grundles of rad fruit. I make pancakes, waffles, cake batter, smoothies, juice, nut butters, doughs, coffee cocktails...

Auto-shutoff is great. I'm a retarded bike racer and will blow out a motor with too much gunk if I try hard enough. IMO, just as loud as a Vita...but with a motor that can push more watts than Fabu.

Added bonus: they support bike racers.

Oat pancakes in action in South America (round 2 topped with peanut butter made by the beloved blender, because there's no way in hell I'm dropping $9 on a craptastic jar of Jif - rd 1 with queso y bocadillo):

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crumpton View Post
    just pulled it out of the box. i know the reviews said LOUD but chri$t man, not sure i can enjoy the results with a splitting headache and bleeding eardrums. trying to decide if i actually load it up with some food or just box up and return.

what have you guys found?
    Think it's a close relative of the LeMond Rev trainers. However, they both do an excellent job. You'll be amazed at what the Blendtec can whip up. Snag some hearing protectors if it's too much. The Blendtec rocks!
    Aiming to KICK cancer's butt this time around
    Dancing with NED, raising funds for METS research

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1. For ole blendy, these shits are the jam. I carry one when traveling, and I do not even carry deodorant. So, there is that. Gotta grind..
    ‘The Earth is not dying, it is being killed, and those that are killing it have names and addresses-‘ Utah Phillips

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

playing with it more, i see the real noise is in the 10th speed. looks like a good blender, guess i'll give it a whirl for a while.
    Nick Crumpton
    crumptoncycles.com
    Instagram

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Classic! I loves a good pun.
    ‘The Earth is not dying, it is being killed, and those that are killing it have names and addresses-‘ Utah Phillips

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

playing with it more, i see the real noise is in the 10th speed. looks like a good blender, guess i'll give it a whirl for a while.
    If you seriously end up hating it, drop me a line - happy to be of assistance. I'm pretty close.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love mine. Had it for years, and their customer service is exceptional.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've owned a vitamix for 20 (? ) years. It is the Sherman Tank of blenders. Is Blendtech really superior to this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the vita mix and love it. if I were to buy again, however i would probably buy the blendtec. My in laws have one and it seems to make smoother hummus. Its also easier to get all the stuff out of the bottom of the container. Especially sticky stuff like peanut butter, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

used it the AM with a couple cups greens, an avocado, some pina and sea salt. pretty damn good. 40 seconds and not a bit of solids in the glass. nice work.
    Nick Crumpton
    crumptoncycles.com
    Instagram

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    I've owned a vitamix for 20 (? ) years. It is the Sherman Tank of blenders. Is Blendtech really superior to this?
    They're both awesome (see: Duracci vs. Super Record), have had both, but the BlendTec is more refined, better features, versatile, easier to clean, and more powerful (not that it matters when you're talking about blenders with more power than a lawnmower). Also, fully US-made. Like, everything. Pretty cool.

VM is great if the price is right - but if spending equally, the BlendTec has the edge.
    Nate King
    not at scarab

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    They're both awesome (see: Duracci vs. Super Record), have had both, but the BlendTec is more refined, better features, versatile, easier to clean, and more powerful (not that it matters when you're talking about blenders with more power than a lawnmower). Also, fully US-made. Like, everything. Pretty cool.

VM is great if the price is right - but if spending equally, the BlendTec has the edge.
    I orig. got my VM for making cosmetics. The blade speed is so fast that it equals some commercial homogenizers. My only EVER complaint is that it's a bear to clean. My go to method for cleaning is hot water + a drop of dishwashing liquid into the blender and bump it a few times. Crude but effective. The BlendTech looks perfect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting... BlendTech looks to be a nice height. Considered a Vitamix but it's too tall to fit on the counter beneath my upper cupboards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryker View Post
    Interesting... BlendTech looks to be a nice height. Considered a Vitamix but it's too tall to fit on the counter beneath my upper cupboards.
    That and their sponsorship of Heisenberg made the difference for us. Haven't gotten creative with it yet, but it's been awesome for smoothies and soup so far.
    This is my substitute for pistol and ball. With a philosophical flourish Cato throws himself upon his sword; I quietly take to the bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmgorman View Post
    That and their sponsorship of Heisenberg made the difference for us. Haven't gotten creative with it yet, but it's been awesome for smoothies and soup so far.
    Awww, glad I could be of some service...ha. They also sponsor my wife's women's elite squad.

I orig. got my VM for making cosmetics. The blade speed is so fast that it equals some commercial homogenizers. My only EVER complaint is that it's a bear to clean. My go to method for cleaning is hot water + a drop of dishwashing liquid into the blender and bump it a few times. Crude but effective. The BlendTech looks perfect.
    The cleaning method BT espouses is much the same - about 1/3 full with water, add liquid, pulse it a few times. Works great for everything but nut butters. Even then, the lack of a sharp blade makes cleaning far less hazardous.

Also, the spatula they make, as well as the nut butter stirrer and jar are brilliant for getting everything out/mixed.
    Nate King
    not at scarab

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wife's been urging me to get a blender and we're pretty sold on the Blendtec. Would you suggest the Designer or the Classic + Twister Jar for about the same price?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'n new at this but the 4 side seems to do what we need.

btw, target online, $319.00... best price you will find anywhere. not even sure how i found that.
    Nick Crumpton
    crumptoncycles.com
    Instagram

West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...btw, target online, $319.00... best price you will find anywhere...
    damn... thats a lot of change for some smoothies. do they have a lesser version, or are blenders a go big or go home type of thing. The Kitchen Aid blender that I have now sucks ass and my wife was threatening to go get something new, just the other day.

Do these things take the place of a food processor? Or are they two seperate tools in the kitchen. Our food processer sees a lot of action and is probably getting tired. If the blendtec is a replacement for two small appliances, then it's easier to swallow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same here (well, 15 years). I've heard many times that the results are very similar out of both. So if you already own one...
    I love the vitamix, blends anything, and they also have very good customer support if ever needed, which you probably won't.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast