User Tag List

Thread: Craft Elite Body Control Bibs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Craft Elite Body Control Bibs

My old shorts have finally passed on, and after looking around a few existing threads about the great bib debate, I was wondering if any of you fine folks have experience with the Craft Elite Body Control Bibs, or Craft bibs in general? I'm able to get a pretty good price on these, and have really liked Craft's baselayers, so I'm finding myself leaning toward some of these bibbies, but unable to find much info. (mainly durability) about them online. Thoughts?

1901266_9430_2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Craft Elite Body Control Bibs

I had some of a prior generation, which fit well and were reasonably comfy. Until I tried castelli body paint bibs and I gave the Crafts away. Nothing wrong with them, but they weren't in the same league. That experience is a couple of years old and may not apply to the version you are considering.

I love my Craft base layers for summer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noteddy View Post
    I had some of a prior generation, which fit well and were reasonably comfy. Until I tried castelli body paint bibs and I gave the Crafts away. Nothing wrong with them, but they weren't in the same league. That experience is a couple of years old and may not apply to the version you are considering.

I love my Craft base layers for summer.

Thanks noteddy. What do you like most about the Castelli bibs? Chamois, durability, overall fit?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SunnySideUp View Post
    Thanks noteddy. What do you like most about the Castelli bibs? Chamois, durability, overall fit?
    Not to answer for noteddy, but I'm also a castelli body paint fan. The fit is great. They're super comfortable in summer. I like the chamois a lot. I would not call them durable, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like Craft base layers but their bibs not so much. Those bibs shown look like they're made similar to a women's pair I tried a year or two ago. If you've held /seen them you'll already know the following.

The bib/upper portion is really thin and a very unstructured. Flimsy? All of the fabric is pretty thin and seems like it would wear out fairly quick. Lower leg "grippers" don't help the legs stay put. The chamois goes to the other extreme. Thick, stiff, not very pliable so not comfy. Hence I'm not able to speak to the durability of them as I didn't like them that much and moved them along.

Consider the Ballers bibs offered here (Tex-Market) those things are made NICE and fit great. Chamois is all-way/flex stretch too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SunnySideUp View Post
    They fit me the way I like. (5'11, 150 medium bibs.). The chamois, which is one of the thicker ones works better for me than Craft, Assos, or Rapha, especially for longer rides. I wash them every time I wear them and the oldest pair is going on three years with no real signs of wear. But, the fabric (not the chamois) is thin. I can imagine some folks could find it less durable than Assos, for example, but that has not been my experience.

YMMV.

Lots of threads here on pros and cons of various bibs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My winter tights are Craft. Every year when I put them on for the first time I am surprised how thick the pad feels. But I have never had real problems or discomfort riding them. I've accepted it for my winter tights but wouldn't wear them for summer / shorts riding. I'm mainly riding Etxeondo for bib shorts - that pad is much thinner and supple but the Craft winter tights are really durable and comfortable no matter what winter throws at you. My experience, at least.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm into season 2 with Craft Elite bibs. They are holding up well. The chamois feels thick when you first put them on, but once on the bike, it disappears and feels good. The low-cut front is great for roadside evacuations and the thin ventilated straps occupy little space under the jersey and don't become sweat collection points.