User Tag List

Thread: Narrow shoe makers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Narrow shoe makers

I've got really perverse feet. They're nominally a 43, so usually a size too big for most makes of women's shoes. Problem is when I try men's shoes, which go well beyond 43, I invariably find the shoes are way too wide.

Years ago I found Carnacs, which fit quite well in a 43. It was a revelation. However last time I bought shoes I couldn't get them, so after trying every shoe in the store I settled for a pair of Gaernes, which are way too wide.

This has bugged me ever since, and I've periodically searched for Carnacs, to no avail. It's time to let the balloon go, as my Gaernes are getting long in the tooth, and just find another brand of shoe that works. So has anyone got any suggestions?
    Suzy Jackson
    Vanity blog: http://suzyj.blogspot.com
    Little fish bicycles website: http://www.littlefishbicycles.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Narrow shoe makers

SIDI makes their women's models up to 43. I think they are commonly thought to be a narrow shoe. I have Genius 5's in narrow and I have a B-width foot. They are definitely narrow and they fit nice and snug. They are also pretty incredibly durable. Mine are nearly 6 years old. The toes are torn up, but that is city living for you.

Specialized also makes their women's shoes to 43. My impression is that they too are thought to be narrow shoes.

Both SIDI and Specialized make their top of the line shoe in a women's model, the Wire and the S-Works respectively.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Torpedo7 has a clearance on 2012 Carnac shoes on now. No idea what their try on / return policy is like.

They seem to have your size in the Helios model, as long as you're not averse to wearing skippy (I really like 'roo leather, specially for shoes and saddles).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post

Specialized also makes their women's shoes to 43. My impression is that they too are thought to be narrow shoes.
    Not in Men's sizes. I have the opposite problem: size 47 feet in EE width, special_ed shoes fit me nicely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kelly View Post
    Not in Men's sizes. I have the opposite problem: size 47 feet in EE width, special_ed shoes fit me nicely.
    Really? The regular width is that wide? They make a narrow, regular and wide in the S-Works, and a regular and wide in the Pro. I swear I heard rejoicing when they started making wide versions versus normal and narrow only. But maybe that was eons ago, now that I think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    SIDI makes their women's models up to 43. I think they are commonly thought to be a narrow shoe. I have Genius 5's in narrow and I have a B-width foot. They are definitely narrow and they fit nice and snug. They are also pretty incredibly durable. Mine are nearly 6 years old. The toes are torn up, but that is city living for you.

Both SIDI and Specialized make their top of the line shoe in a women's model, the Wire and the S-Works respectively.
    OMG that's so cool. One pair of Genius 6.6's ordered in a 43.
    Suzy Jackson
    Vanity blog: http://suzyj.blogspot.com
    Little fish bicycles website: http://www.littlefishbicycles.com