User Tag List

Thread: Asheville

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Asheville

Well, i took 2 weeks off at the end of CX season. Vacation! No riding, and very little work.

I put on a CX race at my farm, and that was it.

Took my wife to Asheville, drank, ate, walked, rode for the hell of it, ate, drove, hung, slept, drank coffee, ate and drank another.

Got home and thought, "what's the point?" Enjoy, life and love. Good people and good times. UCI in Hendersonville!

The Wedge, Phil Mechanic, Asheville Brewery (Funky chicken Pie), Early Girl for biscuits, TABLE, The lab.

Come on, life is OK./.
    ‘The Earth is not dying, it is being killed, and those that are killing it have names and addresses-‘ Utah Phillips

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Asheville

Asheville's a good place to go enjoy life. I still dream of some soup I has at Early Girl a few months ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By way of food Asheville is batting way outside its league. Early girl is best in class for breakfast and there is a fast moving food scene that places it in the same paragraph as San Francisco. Elliott Moss is a serious up and comer and the legendary john fleer just set up shop at rhubarb. Asheville is a wonderful place. By way of cycling it is a thing/ place of beauty in my opinion. By way of beer it is amazing. By way of confluence one could do worse than visiting often. I live in illinois in case my enthusiasm is confused with homerism!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asheville is outstanding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can only speak to the riding in Candler (impeccable) but for touristing, Black Mountain can't be beat - great little town in its own right with good food and fun stuff. I think you can also take a shuttle to A-ville proper for $1 - just a 20 min. ride.

Durham's got great food, but we miss Sunny Point Cafe in West Asheville dearly. And Wicked Weed's IPA was the stuff of letters written home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been wanting to visit for nearly 10 years now. I gotta make it happen! I'll be the closest I've ever been this March, while in Charlotte for NAHBS, but only have Thur-Sun. Hmm...
    -Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Visited Beer City Bicycles while in Asheville this past October; really a cool bike shop with some awesome brew on tap! A must visit for any cyclist that happens to be in the area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the reason for the trip, was "work," I actually had to go to black mountain and pick up a forge. That took only a bit, it is a cool town, then stayed the rest of the weekend in Asheville. Tons of rad little towns within a short drive. Hot Springs, Sylva, Bryson City, Boone, Black Mt., and lots of others.

Went to Wicked Weed, good IPA, then to a few other breweries.

Tupelo Honey, Early Girl, Asheville brewing. Lots of places got some of my money.

Quote Originally Posted by zambenini View Post
    Can only speak to the riding in Candler (impeccable) but for touristing, Black Mountain can't be beat - great little town in its own right with good food and fun stuff. I think you can also take a shuttle to A-ville proper for $1 - just a 20 min. ride.

Durham's got great food, but we miss Sunny Point Cafe in West Asheville dearly. And Wicked Weed's IPA was the stuff of letters written home.
    ‘The Earth is not dying, it is being killed, and those that are killing it have names and addresses-‘ Utah Phillips

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a lucky SOB to call this place home. Youens thinking about visiting need to pm me before coming so we can hook up.

P.S. Early Girl is my fav eats in town.
    laughter has no foreign accent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jtferraro View Post
    Been wanting to visit for nearly 10 years now. I gotta make it happen! I'll be the closest I've ever been this March, while in Charlotte for NAHBS, but only have Thur-Sun. Hmm...
    Take a day. It'll be worth it. Only a couple hour drive from Charlotte up 74.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Living right Rowdy.
    That locale is tops on our "we might move there to retire from the hell-that-is-DC" list.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only time I've ever been arrested in my life Asheville's finest handcuffed my brother and I for rushing the stage at wait for it ... an Indigo Girls concert. Their manager actually threatened the Asheville PD with an abuse of power lawsuit on our behalf, but my brother and I had to drive back from our respective colleges to go to court which was a pita during school. I don't think the officer showed up; charges were dropped but a sour taste still lingers from that experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've talked of moving there in a few years, though I doubt it would happen. My mother in law would kill me in my sleep if I tried to take her only child even further away. Dad-in-law's health is on the decline too. We ain't going anywhere but closer is my guess.

We went to Biltmore a few years ago and stayed in the area for a few days. We hit Early Girl totally randomly, we were out looking for breakfast and saw a line, figured it must be good. Wow. Also went to Tupelo Honey cafe one night. Oh man. The Red Stag Grill was off the chain good too.

The MTBing is world class there too. I'd love to move there, but just don't see it happening anytime soon.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theflashunc View Post
    Take a day. It'll be worth it. Only a couple hour drive from Charlotte up 74.
    Thanks. I will try to talk a few others into it.
    -Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THAT pretty much makes you my hero today. D@mn...Indigo Girls.

Quote Originally Posted by holliscx View Post
    The only time I've ever been arrested in my life Asheville's finest handcuffed my brother and I for rushing the stage at wait for it ... an Indigo Girls concert. Their manager actually threatened the Asheville PD with an abuse of power lawsuit on our behalf, but my brother and I had to drive back from our respective colleges to go to court which was a pita during school. I don't think the officer showed up; charges were dropped but a sour taste still lingers from that experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

watch for my guy cam down there now.
    he rides the toughest climbs...
    pink sleeves... ( for now, next yr he'll be mt khakis)