Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I want a new briefcase

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: I want a new briefcase

Wow, this site is amazing. I'm going to lose a lot of my Saturday here.

I'm heading to Japan on Tuesday, so the small Japanese brands sections might prove very helpful.

Thanks again guys for the feedback, most helpful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you like the sound of the ballistic nylon options Lane pointed out, it looks like Filson has a bag in ballistic nylon similar to the 24 Hour you posted. Looks pretty nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help me out here, guys.

I’m looking for a decent edc casual briefcase, either canvas or nylon (no leather), in the 16” x 12” x 4” ballpark. A while ago I got a Filson, but it turned out to be on the heavy side and generally too cumbersome for everyday use, so instead I’ve been using a relatively flimsy nylon one I got at work for free. Well, after a few years of use that one’s looking pretty shabby, so I’m thinking of replacing it.

Ideally the replacement would be black, but still fairly casual. Exterior pockets that span an entire side are preferable to the “two pockets” designs. Nothing fancy like “converts to a backpack” needed.

Finally, given that I spent a fair amount on the Filson and don’t use it that often, I’m leery of dropping a lot of coin on this one, so stuff like Briggs and Riley are out.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update: Decided to go with the Tom Bihn Cadet

Cadet – Small Carry On Luggage – TOM BIHN

Nothing super fancy, but nice details matching what I was looking for and made in the US (using some imported fabric)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still using the briefcase I was given as part of a promotional pack on my first day at this company 23 years ago. It has my product logo and those of the initial hardware partners (many of them long gone...). It was a symbol of old loyalties through acquisitions and other corporate shenanigans. It will be nice to finally put it down and be free...
    Guy Washburn

Photography > www.guywashburn.com

“Instructions for living a life: Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.”
    – Mary Oliver

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    Waterfield CitySlicker, with handle and strap, fresh from the USPS box:

Attachment 61929

Thanks guys - Waterfield was a complete pleasure to work with, and the case reeks of quality.
    Five and half years later it's time to replace this thing. Unfortunately the sheer netting outer pocket is wearing to bits, and it's not replaceable.

So Bellroy didn't get my business for a new wallet, but they're getting my business for a new briefcase. This should get me through the rest of my working days: Classic Brief: Slim 15’’ Laptop Brief | Bellroy

BK.jpg
    GO!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234