0 Thread(s)

funny sh@t.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    dazza, for the record, 'dropping friends off at the pool' is a euphemism for um...
    going number 2.

i shit you not.

ahhhhh, divided by a common language - australian is not american

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Dazza was using the euphemism how you interpreted it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    dazza, for the record, 'dropping friends off at the pool' is a euphemism for um...
    going number 2.

i shit you not.
    so does dropping the chalupa, but that doesnt get us any closer to knowing which builder has the best pixie dust to sprinkle on the frame.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its not a real conversation about bikes until we go fecal.
    shrink, terrorist, poet, president of concerned cyclists for the abolishment of bovine source bicycle parts and head of the disaffected commie dishwashers union.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mschol17 View Post
    I think Dazza was using the euphemism how you interpreted it.
    yep!

but did it have much to do with TT length?

Off to polish a stem down stairs

and I do mean a handle bar stem OK!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very freudian observation on your part. Tell me about your relationship with your parents.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a q for the internet unrelated to seat tube angles (except the things I am shipping to oz have seattubes);

How the hell are people shipping frames or wheels to australia at the moment? USPS just reduced their max-girth bigtime, and the other carriers have moved in step to screw people.
    Has anyone here sent a girthy unit down under lately?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suspectdevice View Post
    I have a q for the internet unrelated to seat tube angles (except the things I am shipping to oz have seattubes);

How the hell are people shipping frames or wheels to australia at the moment? USPS just reduced their max-girth bigtime, and the other carriers have moved in step to screw people.
    Has anyone here sent a girthy unit down under lately?
    Packing is going to have to get a lot more better. I sent a set of wheels to France this spring and it was borderline if it was worth it or not.

Fuel costs (even though they are coming down for the moment) have gone through the roof and since everyone wants everything RIGHT NOW there's little alternative to air freight for many international packages.

Airlines, and this includes UPS and FedEx among others, had the shit scared out them them this summer with fuel at a record high. The company I work for indirectly, US Airways, was losing something like $6 million/day over the summer. This was largely due to the unforecast and massive increase in fuel costs.

Freight carriers are increasing prices to compensate for losses this summer, but also to create a buffer for future fuel spike and to prepare the customer that the days of very inexpensive shipping are largely done.

Pack shit better to make the girth fit their dimension allowance.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post

Pack shit better to make the girth fit their dimension allowance.
    Dood, I've tried. But things can onlly get so small. I already tried wrapping it in Saran Wrap, and it was still to big...

(literally):boy_hug::thumbs_up::adore:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by e-RICHIE View Post
    you laugh about this like some adolescent atmo. that's bullshit, and lucky for you we have a new president and it's a new day. some folks here make jokes about stuff that mebbe 3-4 of us here take seriously, and know intimately atmo. this stuff matters. sinatra matters. and while we're at it, so does the tappen zee bridge. but i digress. some here go on and on about these stupid fit issues and try to make a lifetime's worth of learning into a formula or a catch-all phrase. again - total bullshit atmo. kops this, non-setback seatpost that. and don't get me started on frame angles. i haven't measured one since mike neel sent pal rudy s back from the tour de l'avenir all broken and dejected. it was a new day when that happened. a line in the fucking sandmo. a message from above imho. yet you folks here continue to beat this geo shit to death. some of you may get it - one day. others here are too wide and too soft, and lack the depth to grasp this, and the fitness to make it all go. and still, we see these inane threads about what goes where atmo. heck when i had my rockets 7s made i simply stepped in the jizz box and sent it back to a suburb in seattle. i didn't call the cats up and ask them where the shoe laces were made or how many stitches per inch were used in the uppers atmo. but you all still post looking for that magic bullet about position and frame design. you want the truth? you can't handle the truth! craig, we live in a world that has walls. and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. who's gonna do it? you? you, senor jerk? i have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. you weep for carlos sastres and you curse operation puerto. you have that luxury. you have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that casartelli's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...you don't want the truth. because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on this message board. you need me on this message board. we use words like setback, linear, intervals...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. you use 'em as a punchline. i have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very magnanimity i provide, then questions the manner in which i provide it! i'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. otherwise, i suggest you pick up a paterak manual and stand a post. either way, i don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

"Did you order the Code Red?"
    "I built the frames as I..."
    "DID YOU ORDER THE CODE RED?"
    "YOU'RE DAMN RIGHTMO I DID!"

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suspectdevice View Post
    Dood, I've tried. But things can onlly get so small. I already tried wrapping it in Saran Wrap, and it was still to big...

(literally):boy_hug::thumbs_up::adore:
    tape some decent lumps of expanded foam to the item
    place in Pacific ocean
    give it a mighty shove
    remember we are down under
    so it will slowly slide down the globe to us

It will get here
    might take a year of two

I use "TNT" from OZ to the USA and the rest of the world.
    No problems so far
    Not sure if that can help.

We have lived through and past the times of cheap freight
    it was not a sustainable process

Cheers Dazza

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Influence of STt on Top Tube length

Anyone know the length of the tube and itself? From end to end including the white section with the pins.

Im looking at doing a mod job on a hood, but need to know the length of the tube to see if it will fit or if the 24w is the largest I can go.

Of course I have a 24w and a 55w compact, but no 36w compact to measure

cheers,
    Joe

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345