Thread: Saratoga Frameworks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Saratoga Frameworks

Keep innovating.
    In a few years, I'll be able to tell people that I rode with you and Nate before you both became famous.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Boyd: I had shoes that matched as well for cross...but I ripped the sole of the right shoe in the first race of the season. Still haven't Shoe Goo'ed it yet, need to get on that. My wife and 5 year lod daughter like the Flouro because they can pick me out in the group, so I think I'll keep it My daughter loves coming to the cross races and this year I got her a pink cowbell, she is pumped. Thanks for the kind words...we need to chat about some wheel possibilities on build kits we will be offering.

@Nooch: I am shortening the head tube a bit, adding S-Bend seat stays and downsizing the top tube on a few of the sizes. I am riding a 58 cm frame (6' and 160 lbs) and with a 38 mm triple butted top tube it is pretty damn stiff. We are also working on a new tapered headtube so we will go with a 44/49 mm standard. This will be able to be used on any of our titanium frames as an option.

It wasn't only the fork, as we were working on some different butting profiles and getting the headtube ironed out. I was fine with going with a 2" headtube, but others were not. A new headtube size had to be sourced and therefore a custom King headset, so that took some time as well. We sent out samples for independent testing to make sure everything was all good, and when it was production was able to be started. Forks trickled in slowly as standard carbon production was affected, and we couldn't completely halt that.
    Scott Hock
    No. 22 Bicycle Co.
    www.22bicycles.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shock79 View Post
    Fast forward a few years…I took a job at a sporting goods chain store. The store manager (who is now the International Sales Director at Chris King)
    Scott Hock
    Jeff Menand?
    He was the manager at the 1st bike shop I ever worked in back in '89
    - Garro.
    Steve Garro, Coconino Cycles.
    Frames & Bicycles built to measure and Custom wheels
    Hecho en Flagstaff, Arizona desde 2003
    www.coconinocycles.com
    www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeff Menand...yup! He managed the SportMart store in Beaverton, Oregon. That was my entrance into the "industry"...it was a fun place to work. What a small work Steve...
    Scott Hock
    No. 22 Bicycle Co.
    www.22bicycles.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeff Menand...yup! He managed the SportMart store in Beaverton, Oregon. That was my entrance into the "industry"...it was a fun place to work. What a small work Steve...
    Yep!
    I worked with him, his bro & his sis all at the same time.
    - Garro.
    Steve Garro, Coconino Cycles.
    Frames & Bicycles built to measure and Custom wheels
    Hecho en Flagstaff, Arizona desde 2003
    www.coconinocycles.com
    www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We also got to a point, I feel, where "no" was not an option. ...[snip]... I really want the ability to say "no".
    I'll just share this little tidbit with you, since it's germane to the above quote(s)

In 1997 I was promoted to Director of City Operations for a ~$5M/year regional office of a corporate audio/video rental and staging firm. My predecessor had been in the position for 2.5 years prior, and had implemented an official policy of "We Say 'No' To Nothing"

My first official act as DCO was to change that policy to "Know When To Say 'No' "

...and that year we became a ~$6M/year regional office. :)

Great looking bikes. I'm looking forward to seeing more good things coming out of Saratoga.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck with the new venture Scott!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Lala and Lionel. See you guys at Ballers again next year.

Things are really starting to come together, its been a ton of work and it is starting to pay off. First customer frames went into production this week and the steel frame is up on FNL now. Glad that the weekend is finally here and can't wait to get my legs torn off at the Cycle-Smart International Cyclocross races this weekend. 135 racers in my field...thats a lot of folks on an 9 minute loop.
    Scott Hock
    No. 22 Bicycle Co.
    www.22bicycles.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Report! Racing? Pics? Results? Call me if you need bail $$.

Toss us a bone, we'd really like to hear and see what's going on behind the curtain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had two guys some of you may be familiar with in the house on Wednesday.

Tom Officer and John Funk will be flying our flag for the upcoming road season. Here we are checking out a new SF Race Steel frame. They will be getting their steel bikes soon with some RaceTi bikes to follow. We are all very proud to be able to support these fine gentlemen for the upcoming season. Not only are the fast...they made it a point to come to visit, meet our craftsman, and help getting the word out on what we are doing.

Thanks for coming John and Tom, thanks for being part of the TEAM!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott Hock
    No. 22 Bicycle Co.
    www.22bicycles.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was great seeing the factory again and really nice to see the craftsmen who work there still producing a quality product that they are very proud of. When I first picked up the steel frame I thought Scott had misspoke and it was a titanium one, it was that light!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a pretty damn good Sunday...won clear by 26 seconds! First cyclocross win and first win for Saratoga Frameworks!

win.jpg
    Scott Hock
    No. 22 Bicycle Co.
    www.22bicycles.com

Saratoga Springs, New York, United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was volunteering with the course setup at the local CX race in Saratoga a month or so ago. During one of the final course pre-rides of the day, I picked up a small stick and stripped the rear derailleur and hanger off my new Giant CX bike. Unfortunately, it was the very end of the day on Saturday and my local shop didn't have any replacements. Scott called me that evening to get the info on the course and after I told him my predicament, he offered up his Saratoga Frameworks Steel CX bike. It was a beautiful riding bike, even if it is a bit small for me. There is something special in a steel bike that isn't there in other materials. I'd best describe it as feeling livelier than my aluminum giant, but just as responsive. I look forward to seeing what else comes out of the factory.

49241246-DSC_5329.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

race_ti_fork.jpg

This bike will be in the FNL later this week. It looked so sweet, I wanted to get a teaser out there.

Butted BOS (Big Over Size) tube-set. PF30 with CBear BB. 44 mm Tapered head tube with King HS.

Campagnolo Record 11. Thompson bar, stem, post. Rolf Elan Alpha clinchers with GP4000 4 Seasons.

58 cm custom at 16.2 lbs with 2 color paint.

Wish it was mine....
    Scott Hock
    No. 22 Bicycle Co.
    www.22bicycles.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris...

Glad you were able to race on it. Just so you know...you did put the first scratch on it!!!
    Scott Hock
    No. 22 Bicycle Co.
    www.22bicycles.com

Saratoga Springs, New York, United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris...

Glad you were able to race on it. Just so you know...you did put the first scratch on it!!!
    Someone had to race it. Too nice to be a pit bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has taken a bit longer than intended, but models and pricing are now up on the web site....stock geometry charts to follow. Feel free to ask any questions or send to team@saratogaframeworks.com

SF Frames |

We are generally at a 4 week lead time...however we will be closed for the Holidays between December 23rd and January 2nd.
    Scott Hock
    No. 22 Bicycle Co.
    www.22bicycles.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awesome prices for double butted Ti and a good turnaround. that's about half the price of a legend Ti.

i'd ride one of these for sure!

It has taken a bit longer than intended, but models and pricing are now up on the web site....stock geometry charts to follow. Feel free to ask any questions or send to team@saratogaframeworks.com

SF Frames |

We are generally at a 4 week lead time...however we will be closed for the Holidays between December 23rd and January 2nd.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SF Frames |

Nice. That said, and I say this as a proud Serotta owner, $500-700 for a production fork? I guess with paint that may make sense, but dang.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is not required to get the fork painted to match, we just feel it will complete the look! Your choice...it will save $150 to not paint, but just look like you bought a frame and then bought a fork. We are going for a complete package aesthetic.

These are priced as stock models and recommendations, but we have an a la carte menu...

Thanks for the feedback!
    Scott Hock
    No. 22 Bicycle Co.
    www.22bicycles.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast