Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wedding wear...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Wedding wear...

I liked what the men were wearing at the Adirondack wedding I attended last weekend: Light grey suits, subtly-checked ties in warm colors (matching for the groomsmen, unique - but matching the bride's flowers - for the groom), and tan shoes worked for this crew.

For a bunch of youngsters, they looked pretty good. No color photos yet:

555289_10152229469130200_171236701_n.jpg

The father of the bride photobombed this...
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deepsix View Post
    Ask your bride though- its all about her.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by deepsix View Post
    Have it tailored properly.
    And also this. If you get your suit/tux from Harry Rosen, they'll tailor it for you. For life. I usually can't even afford a tie there, but I made an exception for my wedding. the service was/is exceptional.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    I'm a big fan of a lightweight/summer weight wool suit.
    That's exactly what I did, sort of tropical wool if you will. I was married in late June (6/19) back in 2010 and wanted to make sure I didn't overheat. Thankfully we had perfect weather, low 80s and perfectly sunny. I was very comfortable. Initially, I wanted to get sort of a mod suit and some funky winklepickers (think Paul Weller). I ended up with a more tradition look for the suit, more later on that, but still had some fun with the shirt and shoes (without taking the focus away from my blushing bride).

For a shirt, I knew I wanted a Liberty of London print. I got a tie back in 1993 that has a very interesting Liberty of London and wanted something similar. I ended up getting three shirts total, two from Charles Tyrwhitt in London and one directly from Liberty of London. I ended up going with the one from Liberty of London:

Our florist actually never saw my shirt and I was pretty blown away that they matched pretty well.

For shoes, as I mentioned, I liked the winklepicker look and searched for something unusual in that same vein. I ended up with these hand-made bad boys from London:

As for the suit, I ended up getting mine at the last place on earth I ever thought I'd buy wedding wear: J Crew. At the time, I didn't even know that J. Crew had wedding wear. They also carry dresses, I learned, and my wife even tried on a few, but ended up with a vintage dress she got as a gift from a dear friend. Anyway, I don't own anything my them and don't think I've ever been in a J.Crew store. I saw a photograph of some model wearing this fantastic suit (probably via a Google search) and it was surprised it was by J. Crew. It's a slim fitting suit which is what I was after (I'm 5'10" & 135 - 140 pounds). I ordered it online and it fit nearly perfectly out of the box. That being said, I had the alterations on the suit and shirt done at the same place my wife had her dress alterations. Like others have said, I recommend alterations.

Anyway, have fun no matter what you wear!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love the shirt Dangerpants! Not sure I could pull it off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12