User Tag List

Page 73 of 136 FirstFirst ... 636465666768697071727374757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 2706

Thread: Grumps can suck it, it's Friday!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Grumps can suck it, it's Friday!

I'm a day late, but photobucket wasn't working yesterday.

In the shop. It's functional, but, still lots to do. Like repainting, building some shelves, and a spoke cutting station.

First set to roll out of the shop.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spent 3 days on the road and in the air last the second 1/2 of last week. There is nothing like being with your family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the gf's burpday next weekend and had a nice reservation planned for dinner, day at the museums, room escape, drew her a coloring book of some of our favorite dates and silly ideas, blah blah. Yesterday she called up and asked if we could have the dinner with her parents by her mom's request: Sah deet and sukiyaki. Would much rather spend dinner at her p's getting to know them more, they're so nice and fun and it just makes me happy that the first lady i've been in with has such a great family. And they like sharing their recipes!
    Cottage cheese for dinner, Greek yogurt for dessert, eat that everyday an' it will make your butt hurt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

daht seen*
    Cottage cheese for dinner, Greek yogurt for dessert, eat that everyday an' it will make your butt hurt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NEW JOB! Transitions at the current one made futures uncertain and current operations untenable. I hate to jump precisely when we need the help, but without everyone chipping in, I and another can't do it all. The next job holds a once-in-a-generation opportunity to make a real difference and I can't wait. Plus, I'll get to help care for the nation's bicycle collection!

Now to draft that resignation letter.
    This is my substitute for pistol and ball. With a philosophical flourish Cato throws himself upon his sword; I quietly take to the bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our middle kid/oldest son really busted his hump last semester and to say that organic chemistry was running his life, is an understatement. Throw a long distance girlfriend breakup in the mix and I was a bit concerned for him. Hard work often pays dividends as they say and the SOG made the Dean's List...sophomore in college. He was on cloud nine when I was on FaceTime with him last evening and deservedly so.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    Our middle kid/oldest son really busted his hump last semester and to say that organic chemistry was running his life, is an understatement. Throw a long distance girlfriend breakup in the mix and I was a bit concerned for him. Hard work often pays dividends as they say and the SOG made the Dean's List...sophomore in college. He was on cloud nine when I was on FaceTime with him last evening and deservedly so.
    Well done! This is cool!
    you're not the lord of the flies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daughter & her boyfriend are visiting this weekend; dinner w/them & good friends tonight, then a Super Bowl party w/the same friends on Sunday. In between a concert. It should be a very nice weekend.

And a preview of next week's "grumps can suck it"": A week from now, my suitcase will be sitting in the corner of my office, ready to be loaded in the overhead compartment of a British Airways jet at the end of the day.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We finally got rid of our old contractor. Now our new guy is awesome and he brings his little buddy to help.

-Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the bike, outdoors, in shorts, for 11 of the past 12 days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kyle Olson

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little early.

All the last weeks stress seemed to dissipate standing outside in cotton ball sized snowflakes that looked like swarms of bugs floating around under the streetlights. So light they swirled back upwards in the almost not there wind. No cars or noise, just stillness. Big splashes in the face without even a drop of moisture.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I moved safely. There was lots of wind along the way and the Penske truck pulling a trailer doesn't like wind. I had tons of help and moving help is always appreciated. The bikes all made it though the Zanconato did suffer some paint scratches. No matter how careful you are, something will get banged up..... Bikes suck to move. My mother assisted where she could. At 78, she's an amazing woman. My older brother and my nephew helped. No injuries were incurred, which is a huge thing on an icy, sloping driveway.

My new place is 'different' but could be really nice if I end up with good neighbors. My Ukrainian neighbor thus far is a champ. Condo in Eagan, MN. Unsure about the 'burbs but good cycling is, literally, out my driveway. When it warms up a bit. I'll probably move into the city when the budget allows or I'll move to a distinct community outside the city when time allows, probably in Wisconsin. We'll see. Rediscovering old ground again. I lived here after college and for a short time in 2005.

Short meeting with the new employer to sign paperwork and be fingerprinted, drug tested and photographed yesterday. They were on time and I was on time. A good sign.

After 12 years with my current, but soon-to-be former, employer I'm getting good vibes but it's a bit nervous. This is only my second 'real' job in the US and I'm naturally a suspicious person. Cautiously optimistic. I just wish it would warm up enough to ride! Never got much, if at all, above 15ºF today..... That's below my current threshold though I did see one hearty soul out on a fat bike this afternoon.

Baby steps in the new/old city.

Oh, and driving around everywhere I'm pointing out to my mother all the bike route connectivity of the Twin Cities. This is the best urban riding I've yet experienced. There may be better, but I've never yet experienced it.

I may, literally, be able to bike to work at a major US airport. That'd be something!

Appleton WI -- home of Harry Houdini and Rocky Bleier
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My bronchitis seems to be getting better, despite ongoing chest crud and coughing -- it will likely be a few weeks until I'm 100%, but dramatically better than last week.

Doing better made my gym time this week better than the prev week, and set a new PR in my deadlift.

And to add icing to the cake, Saab is just a drive away now, and I'm looking forward to riding with him sporadically this summer!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by teleguy57 View Post
    My bronchitis seems to be getting better, despite ongoing chest crud and coughing -- it will likely be a few weeks until I'm 100%, but dramatically better than last week.

Doing better made my gym time this week better than the prev week, and set a new PR in my deadlift.

And to add icing to the cake, Saab is just a drive away now, and I'm looking forward to riding with him sporadically this summer!
    I need to take a business trip to Neenah this summer to ride with you both.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    Oh, and driving around everywhere I'm pointing out to my mother all the bike route connectivity of the Twin Cities. This is the best urban riding I've yet experienced. There may be better, but I've never yet experienced it.
    the randonneurs there have routes that never leave the city, all urban

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations, SAAB. My wife's mom's family is from Durand, WI and when I was out there a couple years ago all I could think was how great it would be out there with a bike.

This has been building for about a month. I think deep fear can actually sometimes be a good thing. In November I go for annual CPE, my doc takes a listen to my chest and says "I hear something", refers me for echo, next day get message to call right away. PA says "Indication of aortic valve disease. I'm sorry" and I get referred to cardio. It should have been a clue that the cardio appointment was three weeks later, but for three weeks every ache and pain was my heart about to blow up. Thing is, most stuff you need one of they installed two but of course something crucial like that valve there's only one of. I figured I was screwed, you actually need that thing working if you want to do anything. Didn't stop me from doing an FTP test at like 3.6W/kg HR average 160 but what the hell. Got to give them something to chew on, eh? Anyway, cardiologist my doc referred me to is an accomplished runner, words like "trace" and "extremely mild" were thrown around and all he said was "Stop drinking beer, you idiot, if you want to get to fighting weight."

And ever since then everything that pisses me off just makes me laugh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's going to be 72 and a cloudless blue sky. Today is not going to suck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

London Calling

byebye.jpg
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

job interview on Monday.
    -Dustin