User Tag List

Page 124 of 136 FirstFirst ... 114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 2702

Thread: Grumps can suck it, it's Friday!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Grumps can suck it, it's Friday!

excellent. congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    I completed my MA this week. Now I wait until June for the virtual residency week in Vermont and then a virtual graduation. I will be taking up residence in Vermont from my home office in Kingman, AZ. My fiancé, will be wife by then, is making a life size cutout of Theodore Roosevelt wearing a top hat, handing me my diploma.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wife received her first Pfizer jab yesterday and I’m in a Rite Aid holding tank, after having received my first Moderna jab. Feeling pretty good on this Friday, even though the Pharmacist appeared to be filling the syringe from a Hyrdoflask...hmmm.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Appleton WI -- home of Harry Houdini and Rocky Bleier
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    I completed my MA this week. Now I wait until June for the virtual residency week in Vermont and then a virtual graduation. I will be taking up residence in Vermont from my home office in Kingman, AZ. My fiancé, will be wife by then, is making a life size cutout of Theodore Roosevelt wearing a top hat, handing me my diploma.
    Congrats! And I like your style, or rather, her style:)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got my second jab of Moderna this morning, step kid in LA is fully done, sister in LA is fully done, daughter gets her second Pfizer tomorrow, wife gets her second on the 28th, son in law gets #2 on Thursday, even practice wife has been all shot up. Feeling a great relief and optimism.
    « If I knew what I was doing, I’d be doing it right now »

-Jon Mandel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No jabs for me yet, but glad for all of you. Hope the ill effects pass quickly. I’ll be satisfied with a not-rainy weekend ride.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to the garage this morning and shoveled one of the monumental gravel-filled glaciers to pieces in the driveway where it will melt and leave its gravel. Then I worked on bikes. Other than the ones Justin has worked on (my wife’s bikes,) there were some needs (my bikes.) Then I had lunch outside on the porch in the sun. Then an espresso. Then I finished up the bikes and cleaned up my tools. Got some refurbished Dinotte front and rear blinkies thanks to RW for a heads up, so I spent some time blinding myself with those. Almost time for a sunset. Back to the porch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I posted boxes of Nat Geos that I’ve had since 1974 to the present day on CL as a “free to a good home”. They were all in pristine condition and it just seemed a shame to not share them. Three months later, Blanche reaches out, expresses her excitement over the find and she stopped by yesterday to take them from the porch while I was on a site. She left the cupcakes and a nice note in appreciation of the magazines...there is hope and class in the world yet.
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finished watching "Bending the Arc" on Netflix as I drank a celebratory glass of wine after my first shot. There is hope in abundance in the world. I just wish Paul Farmer et al were in charge of the health care system in the US.
    Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friends came by with their covid baby. We are “aunt & uncle” now to so many kids. This one first wiggly and then coma-fied after nursing. All those good immunities following the path used since forever. We wore masks. The baby burped. Usually babies grab my beard. 6’ too far to even focus yet. Still wonderful to be around one. Little bear naked in a wool suit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bought some nice used Neutrons from TTX here about a month ago and finally put a cassette and tires on them today. Put them on the Standert, flipped it upside down, and gave the front wheel a good Bob Barker spin. That was about three hours ago, and when I checked just now, they’re still spinning.

First ride tomorrow.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lucky you.
    Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Youngest child/youngest son, just wrapped up his Junior year today and I told him that he's rounded third and he's been waved to head for home plate. His internship starts in two weeks and he's truly stoked, having had the pandemic nix last year's opportunity, like many of your kids. 12 more apartment rental payments and 8 more tuition payments...hmmm.
    rw saunders

ldamelio is offline emperor of time, space and all dimensions known and unknown
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread needs a bump. It's three weeks old. So, in no particular order:

1) Summer is here! Riding, beach, BBQ, and whatever floats your boat. For me, the HPDE/track driving bug has bitten hard.

2) My sinus/nasal surgery last week went exceedingly well. Getting my splints out later this morning, dissolvable internal stents will go away over a few months. Very little pain and an overall easy recovery. One more week until I can ride again. I will feel better than I have in months. Bonuses: my cycling performance (age and training adjusted) and palate will be better than ever before. I haven't breathed through my nose since age 10.

3) Pandemic optimism. Enough written about that in other threads, but from inside the biz, things look very good. 'Nuff said there.

Let's keep this thread going. I know good things happen to Salonistas more often than every three weeks.
    Lou D'Amelio
    Bucks County PA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup. Dialing in to check email and fill out my time card then its an effective 96. Plan is go for a ride, dig in the dirt, plant things, cook something tasty, eat and drink good beer. Repeat four times.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Heading to the Lake Washoe (south of Reno) for the weekend. Nice roads with bike lanes. I'll have to figure out the road bike again after only riding the mtb this year.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Report on Washoe please! No plans to go there anytime soon, just curious.

Walks with my wife, catching up with family. A good weekend ahead.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post
    Report on Washoe please! No plans to go there anytime soon, just curious.

Walks with my wife, catching up with family. A good weekend ahead.
    Sorry, didn't see this. The Washoe area is great for cycling. The busier roads have nice shoulders that are marked for bikes. Up in the mountains, there are lots of MTB trails with great views of Lake Tahoe.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No rest for the weary, heading to Flagstaff this afternoon. Last weekend we were in the Reno area. I'm staying at the Luke AFB rec area at Fort Tuthill while the wife does a horse event (trials, dressage, cross country). I'm taking the Coconino MTB and I'll only be a few miles from Garro's place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I left for CA on May 11, came back two days ago for my son's graduation, and I return this afternoon. Having the time of my life catching up with friends and riding: wandered around Santa Barbara with Claritycyclist; did the Fairfax/Bolinas road; and rode from Big Bear to Ebbets Pass in the High Sierra. I have my Time cross bike there, dozens of friends, and no itinerary: just making it up on the fly. Freedom.
    Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thinned the herd. Down to one roadie, one track bike, one gravel bike. I thought I would miss the excess. I don't.