User Tag List

Page 118 of 136 FirstFirst ... 108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 2706

Thread: Grumps can suck it, it's Friday!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Grumps can suck it, it's Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    We’ve got some serious worldwide political events going on, wildfires are becoming “normal”, it’s pretty cold at ride start...you get the drift...a whole slew of things happening that can be quite stressful. And then you read something like this which let’s you know that there are still good things happening in the world.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-engla...-are-turned-on
    I am not trying to be funny when I say this but we saw a very similar “awakening” in our brother-in-law’s father when he got his brand new hearing aids after several years of slow hearing loss. Once a gregarious and outgoing person he had turned into someone viewed as on the way “out” soon. Hearing aids brought him back to life. Hearing aids should be covered as an integral part of geriatric medicine.

ldamelio is offline emperor of time, space and all dimensions known and unknown
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A day late, but I'll do my push ups. Today is the 40th anniversary of the day I met my beautiful bride. We were kids (19 and 18 then, married at 22 and 21). Why she's put up with me, I'll never know. I'm one lucky mofo.
    Lou D'Amelio
    Bucks County PA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our two boys are home and our daughter is coming home tomorrow...the volume level on the Nakamichi is quite high right now.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We’ve been talking about getting a hot tub for years and finally had one delivered yesterday.
    Just filled it and now it’s heating up- just in time for the holidays and for our kids home from college!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    the volume level on the Nakamichi is quite high right now.
    Hope you have Physical Graffiti in the on deck circle. Everybody loves a sing-along to Ten Years Gone.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On vacation until next year. Our first lodgings are half a block off Bourbon Street. Kinda loud out there as we arrived late last night!
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my last Friday to be gainfully employed. Wednesday the 8th is my last day after too many years to remember. Lunch today with those closest to me at work and
    big party next week. It is bittersweet as I enjoy my work and have been fortunate to work for a company that respects me for what I know and what I do.

The first page of the next chapter will be read next Thursday.

Mike
    Mike Noble

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Beaudoin View Post
    We’ve been talking about getting a hot tub for years and finally had one delivered yesterday.
    Just filled it and now it’s heating up- just in time for the holidays and for our kids home from college!
    mines so close i can taste it!
    Matt Zilliox

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's fish and chips night at the VFW. One dollar natty lights too.

If it was Thursday, I'd be distraught about our HR manager leaving. She was the best, so many positive changes. The HR people remaining are the ones who jacked everything up.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went skate skiing with the dogs today. Doesn't get any better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I got passed over for promotion to Director of our Business Unit. It sucks, but I'll live. That's a Thursday story.

Friday side - I'm really happy with the new guy they brought in from another area of the company. He's the first boss I've had who's younger than me. We talked about the "pass over" and he thanked me for going above and beyond to help him get up to speed and reinforcing things with the team. A little salve for my bruises, but I honestly think I can work with him and help this guy shine.... and thus help myself as well.

He really listens well, is already walking the walk not just talking the talk and we share a passion for good cup of pour over coffee. Sadly however, he is a runner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wisco View Post
    So I got passed over for promotion to Director of our Business Unit. It sucks, but I'll live. That's a Thursday story.

Friday side - I'm really happy with the new guy they brought in from another area of the company. He's the first boss I've had who's younger than me. We talked about the "pass over" and he thanked me for going above and beyond to help him get up to speed and reinforcing things with the team. A little salve for my bruises, but I honestly think I can work with him and help this guy shine.... and thus help myself as well.

He really listens well, is already walking the walk not just talking the talk and we share a passion for good cup of pour over coffee. Sadly however, he is a runner.
    Great attitude, and it will serve you well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I packed the Pilot and we are headed from the Steel City to Bloomington (Indiana...think Bobby Knight and Hoosiers) today, with a stopover in Columbus to pick up our youngest. Our daughter is flying to Indianapolis from Seattle and we are all attending our middle kid’s White Coat ceremony tomorrow evening, as he is officially 1/2 way through his Optometry program at IU. Time really does march on and to say that we are all excited is truly an understatement. Neither our daughter nor youngest son could make it to their brother’s college graduation two years ago, as she just started her first “real job” with no time off and he was attending his last high school event...both were bummed. Both took a blood oath though, that they would make it to his White Coat ceremony come hell or high water and the mood around here is electric...family ties are good.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a new 3 place hitch mount Kuat rack being delivered today. It's expensive but I am thrilled that I need more space. My 11 year old son is rabid about mountain biking and he has spread his enthusiasm to his cronies at school. I am their driver/mechanic/financier and happy to take on the role. It seems most dads don't ride so I can keep an eye on my brood for a little longer while they are under my roof.

By the way, you can't beat a Marin Hawk Hill for budding mountain bikers on a budget.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by houston View Post
    I have a new 3 place hitch mount Kuat rack being delivered today. It's expensive but I am thrilled that I need more space. My 11 year old son is rabid about mountain biking and he has spread his enthusiasm to his cronies at school. I am their driver/mechanic/financier and happy to take on the role. It seems most dads don't ride so I can keep an eye on my brood for a little longer while they are under my roof.

By the way, you can't beat a Marin Hawk Hill for budding mountain bikers on a budget.
    I've got an NV 2.0 because of my MTB wheelbase. I'm pretty sure a semi could rear end me and only scratch the paint.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My son has surgery at Walter Reed this morning to put a plate in his arm. Last weekend he was in a pileup while road racing. He should get full range of motion from his wrist but it was pretty tough last weekend sitting with him in the UNC Chapel Hill ER. The Naval Academy kits are pretty cool, I've got one. The jersey is covered with names of famous Navy and Marine battles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that hurts to look at

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope your kid has a good recovery, bigbill. My kid also had a rough week but not that rough--she's planning to feel good enough for skiing tomorrow.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He did well in surgery, his wrist works just fine. Two weeks in a splint and stitches then four weeks in a removable splint. He's doing Airborne Assualt training this summer. He needs to not land on that side. He's also trying to do his fall semester at West Point. That will be hard to explain to family and friends, "he's a Navy Midshipman at West Point for a semester, he's not in the Army, he's still in the Navy".

The wheels Old Potatoe built for him showed up. A sweet set with DT 350 hubs, DT 411 rims, 24/28. I've got a set of Schwalbe Ones for them. They'll spin up nice in criteriums. He wants to get back on the bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a retired US Army Occupational Therapist. I specialized in upper extremity rehab.

Good luck to your son....but be careful not to push too hard too fast.